Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your current project? >

What's your current project?

What's your current project?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:21 PM

I'm working on this blue and purple snowball 9patch mostly from scraps and fabric that was given to me. I think I paid about $30 for the stripes and dots. I'm deciding whether I need more fabric. I was going to make it for Camp erin, maybe 50 x 70, but I think I may make it as a wedding gift, and it will need to be waaaay bigger.

And I'm also working on our guild raffle quilt, sewing blocks together and then quilting it. The idea was to reproduce a charming Double Wrench quilt from the 1880s which belongs to a guild member. Our new blue one is next to the original.

Kaffe blue snowball 9patch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86815[/ATTACH]

Double Wrench new and old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86816[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86810.jpe   attachment-86811.jpe  
Old 06-26-2010, 02:27 PM

Sewing machne at the doctors so project I was quilting is now on the back burner. So started to make a small quilt for a friend's birthday in Aug. Found a pattern that I can use fab I already have so sewing like a crazy lady using my Kenore back up machine. Hopefully Baby Lock will be back in a couple week for the quilting.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:00 PM

I am just finished a black and white wall quilt that I made to give away on my website. A while back I made a large tote bag with a fleur de lis emblem on the front and it was very popular at my quilt guild meeting, so I decided to try to expand on that theme. It's been fun but machine appliquing black on black is difficult to see. I am quite sure that I had enough fun to try a few more, though!

Fleur de lis art quilt project
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86825[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86820.jpe  
Old 06-26-2010, 03:27 PM

I have way too many. In my defense I like to cut as much as I can in one day, sew one day, measure, design, etc. You get the picture.
I need to finish some that are ready for that step. I'm partially handicapped so I'm slower than I use to be. Unfortunately, I can't stop wanting to start new ones. I am now in the hand work stage and have several of those in progress. I've narrowed it down to about 30-40 in progress. To almost done to having fabric ready. I put them all in clear plastic boxes so I can keep track. I have been giving away or selling some of of the excess so that helps. Should have started about 10 years sooner!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:20 PM

I'm working on a throw that I guess I will always call "Daddy's Sampler" - he died just when I started it. It's a Debbie Mumm row-by-row sampler with scads of fabrics and even all-different neutrals. It's in warm autumn tones. Two rows are little houses with pine trees - cute! Rows of 4" pinwheels, hearts, bowties, stars, and several rows of larger stars. Here's the link to the pattern (if it works):

http://www.countryregister.com/indexpages/feature1.html
Old 06-26-2010, 04:26 PM

i'm working on a shop hop quilt frm last fall.. it is all different bldgs.. houses.. bird house, lighthouse, outhouse etc.. my oldest friend anne (who i went on the hop with) made me a windmill ( we're both nice dutch girls)... i also have the shop hop quilt from the other hop last fall, with my dd & ddil.

and i'm working on the omigosh quilt... that one may take me forever!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:48 PM

I am doing the Civil War Tribute BOM. My skills are sharpening every time I start a new block. I thought I knew what I was doing until I started this one...LOL I know it will be lovely when it is finished so I keep trudging on.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

This is what I was working on but I have quite a few of our members machines to refurbish so they are first priority over this quilt.

But its my Snails Trail....

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86680.jpe   attachment-86681.jpe  
Old 06-26-2010, 09:01 PM

I'm putting the binding on my youngest granddaughter's. Then I have my grandson's to finish. Each month I have my BOM and 9 patch exchange. I took a rail watercolor class and now have that one to finish. I have to get the borders on and quilt one for one of my dearest friends. I have the top my grandmother made for my dad in the early 60's. I need to quilt that one. As if I didn't have enough started, I brought home one for charity last night. Our charity group helped out some beginners and those with little experience from a Mom's Club who make charity quilts. We had more "teacher's" than "students" so my sis and I started making blocks. We ended up bringing them home to finish.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:12 PM

I'm trying to finish a quilt I started called "Weaver Fever". I'm doing it in turquois and peach with a brown backing. Getting close to finishing it. Then I have a table runner hanging in my sewing room that I started in December that I'd like to finish too.