Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your current project? >

What's your current project?

What's your current project?

Old 06-26-2010, 04:48 AM

I've got way too many going.
9P activity - for FIL queen size
Sons HS memory quilt w/ siggie blocks & pictures - most everything has been collected for this.
Sis's quilt - Need to tear off old borders and coffee stain parts and put on new borders
Siggie swap
Lap quilt for me- already cut out
Baltimore Bliss BOM - Evening project

Then there's a list of the get ready to do!! Luckily only 3 of the above have time restrictions and one of the get together does.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:02 AM

I have many projects in the works. i am finishing a paper pieced flower garden, making pillowcaes dresses for my granddaughter, designing 2 quilts (twin size) for my grandsons, finishing a power lineman wall hanging for my husband (will post a picture as soon as it is finished), making a quilted paper pieced Christmas tree skirt for my daughter, and making two small quilts top for floor pillows for 2 of my nieces. It is alot to do but I could add more. I like to stay really busy.

Oh! And I have to make 3 bow tucks for Christmas gifts! :thumbup:

I think that is all.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:45 AM

I am working on 8 quilts for my family members for xmas gifts this year. I have the tops done and now working on putting batting and backing on them and doing simple quilting. When I am not working on those I always have side projects that I can get done in a few days. I like to sew general and holiday projects that I can sell to pay for my quilting supplies and of course I can't resist those fabrics that calls my name heheheh! Really don't need to ad much to my huge...huge stash.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:46 AM

In the past I worked on one project and completed it before beginning another. Now I have more than one project going and find it is somewhat refreshing to have a change of "scenery." I just finished the small quilt shown and it is my first attempt at machine quilting. My husband's mother had hand pieced the blocks a short time before her death and many of them contain fabric of dresses she wore so it is very special to me. A small quilt kit my daughter gave me for my birthday is set together waiting to be quilted and I will do a wall hanging with it. Four patchwork placemats are in the works and just need to buy the contrasting trim to go around the edges before quilting them. On the shelf is another quilt kit with featured fabric Louisa by Terry Clothier Thompson that was a gift from my husband. My youngest daughter loved the pattern for "Running Free" in the July 1910 issue of The Quilter so she bought the fabric for it. As you can see, I am lucky that I'm not paying much for the pleasure of sewing thanks to all the gift givers!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-87040.jpe  
Old 06-26-2010, 06:32 AM

Too many started. Two baby quilts, I Spy quilt for Children's Hospital, 3 pillows, and the little purses that you buy the handles for and you can change the bag. So cute. Will take pictures when finished with purse, such a cute idea. Plus 3 big quilts started. I have problems focusing!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:44 AM

I am currently working on a quilt for my daughter and son in law. It is between queen and king sized and Americana and American mixed. Mainly red, white, and blue, with a picnic pattern thrown in. I am working on the back now. This is the difficult part, since I am using red, white and blue and had to cut each piece to fit. DH helped me with that.
The other quilt is going to be a bargello quilt for my niece. That will be full sized and in blues and pinks
Old 06-26-2010, 06:55 AM

I am doing my first QAYG. I made up some blocks and quilted those. Now I'm in the process of putting them all together.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:04 AM

I'm working on a bumble bee pinwheel quilt.

What do you hope the project will look like? -- better than it has turned out so far...

Colors? -- Yellow with bee print, black, white

Size? -- Twin

Which techniques are you using? -- Piecing - Pinwheels

How will it be used? -- bed quilt

Who is it for? -- One of my student's older sister's baby

Why are you making it? -- student's parents ordered it

Is it a gift, to celebrate a special occassion, or just for fun? -- baby quilt

Approximately how much will it cost? -- I've spent about $70 on fabric, off to buy binding, already had batting

How did you come up with the idea? -- NorBanaQuilts helped me.

What will you write on the label--other than your name, the date, size and title. -- no lable - just a purple turtle (like my avatar) on the back.

What is the title of the project? -- bumblebee quilt

Did I miss anything? -- I embroidered the baby's name and a bumble bee into one of the pinwheels.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:40 AM

I've got ? Quilts in some stage of development or execution:

1) Machine quilting a large lap quilt for my mother's 85th birthday. Because of the special occasion, I bought 'the good stuff' for the fabric, what an indulgence!

2) Hand-quilting a queen-sized bed quilt for my 12-yo autistic DS. I created the design to reflect his love for trains and special time we have spent in Sedona, AZ. It's called 'Verde Canyon Railway,' and I love it. Which is good, because it involved hand-appliquéing hundreds of little railroad ties!

3) in the process of cutting many many 1.5" strips for a king-sized bed quilt for me and my DH. It's our turn, our current bedspread is in tatters! I'm making a scrappy log cabin, alternating very-darks and mediums with a bright red center square, signifying our love for Angels baseball!

4) just prepared the fabric for my first OBW. It's a beautiful, big Asian print and I think it will be awesome. This one is practice for a OBW that my DD and I are going to collaborate on. She is a costume design major at Boston University and wants to hand-dye and print a fabric panel that I will turn into a OBW for her first post-college apartment.

Plus I just finished a little dress for myself, and have a skirt and shorts I want to make for a trip to NYC in July.

Hey Fleurdelisquilts - welcome! I'm also an English major type and writer! We should be doing Jane Austen quilts, no?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:05 AM

I have way to many pots on the stove...so to speak. I'm doing some pp for some small projects. Have to go to the quilt shop for fabric to start a patriotic quilt soon. I have a stack of blocks from swaps i could be making many quilts from...Not enough hours in the day.

DonnaP