Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your current project? >

What's your current project?

What's your current project?

Old 06-25-2010, 01:51 PM

I'm printing the centers with Sherlock Holmes/detective pictures. Its colors are white, green, blue with a touch of purple. I should have the top done by early next week.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnejean
I am quilting a king size teapot quilt in red, blue, pink and green.

I am piecing a scrappy quilt out of the scraps left over from my farmers market quilt. It will be full size with pinwheels and a four patch block.

I have a vintage sheet quilt in the gathering blocks stage.

And of course I have at least 6 or so projects working in my head in varies design stages.

I'm right there with you with the projects designed in my head :)
Old 06-25-2010, 01:53 PM

I am working on a quilt for my Mother. It started with my mother selecting the fabric. The colors are teal, raspberry (?), and cream. In my mind I was thinking of a simple repetitive block design, but when I was showing designs to her from my quilting books - she didn't like any of them.

In the end she found something she liked. The down side was that there was no pattern, and the design is complex (well for me anyway). It's a modified mariners compass.

I have drafted the pattern myself and paper pieced it. Part of the challenge was that I bought the fabric first (which are now no longer available) - so had to layout the fabrics into the design based on what I had. Quite tricky - and by the way - I don't recommend others doing that.

Have just finished working out what designs I will use for the quilting. It will be hand quilted. Finished size will be approximately 60" square. I'm hoping that she uses it for either a bed topper, or a throw over the back of the lounge suite.

This quilt is to celebrate 2 things; how fantastic my mother is, and her upcoming 65th birthday. I've had quite a rough patch over the last few years, and she has been there supporting me.

The label will attempt to describe all that she means to me (yes - hard to think of words to encapsulate that). As yet I haven't been inspired by a name for it - I think they will come as I work on the quilting.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:05 PM

I just finished quilting a twin flannel North Pole Plaid quilt (just finished it 10 minutes ago) and I am ready to put the binding on it. The back is a golf fabric and I think I will save it for my son for Christmas.

This morning I finished the top of another flannel quilt called "Flannel Flair". I will donate this one to Family Services for their annual auction.

I have 3 placemats left to put the binding on - also a gift.

My next new project will either be "September Sun" or "Swish" bargello. Oh, I forgot that I have a baby quilt cut out that I will probably finish first.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:10 PM

My next quilt is a wedding gift with orchids and a water theme,with rippled quilting. The bride is getting a PhD in water conservation and is using potted orchids instead of cut flowers. Wall hanging. Not too big. Have to buy the cloth soon.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:24 PM

I have a couple of projects lined up: 1) a train themed quilt that is for an order. It was hard to find those fabrics!! Whew!! 2) I have a King size log cabin variation in process for DH and my bed. I have been working on it off and on for about 4 months. I think it's boring. 3) I have a donation quilt to do in child fabrics in the D9P pattern. 4) I have to start some blocks to teach from. 5) I just finished my June doll quilt swap quilt, and now I will start my July one.

OK, anyone have a project I can help with???? :thumbup: :roll:
Old 06-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

I ususally have more than one going. For example I am restoring a baby quilt for a friend and making one for me sister. I am getting the fabric together for one for a co worker.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:12 PM

I am working on charity quilts right now. They are lap size quilts made with fabric donated to one of my friends. We are cutting 5 1/2 inch and 61/2 inch squares and sewing the squares into row, nothing fancy. Today at work I kept thinking about two little wall hangings I have almost finished and how nice they would look in my cubicle. SO now I have to finish them I guess!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:02 PM

Current WIP is an appliqued quilt for my daughter. It's a blend of several different patterns that has a beach theme. Flip-flops, beach balls, sunglasses, ice cream cone. All set together with hot pink and lime green sashing. (DD's request, not my choice LOL) I have more stacked up behind it. A large stack of flannel patiently waiting to be recieving blankets and burpies. Then different DD wants butterflies and dragonflies.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:29 PM

I'm working on a pattern out of the currrent Fabric Trends magazine. It's Called English Mannor I think. It has a basket in the center, with log cabin blocks surronding it, with 9 patches in the corners. All in reproduction fabrics. All the blocks are peiced, just have to put it all together. Already picked out the borders. I fell in love with the pattern in the store and just had to make it. It will be a wall hanging. My goal this summer is to reduce my stash, and use only what I already have. I may have to buy thread, but nothing else.
I think I'll hang it in my sewing room.