Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Cotton prices expected to double >
  • Cotton prices expected to double

• Cotton prices expected to double

Old 09-18-2010, 06:32 PM

haven't seen it go up here in St Augustine yet, 2 weeks ago on the local news,they said coffee was going up, and I stocked up, now its even $1.00 cheaper than they said it was going to be. the only one that went up was Starbucks . Oh,well,I'm already stocked for the holidays.
    Old 09-19-2010, 01:15 AM
    Banned

That is a very sad thing for me to hear, as I can't afford any fabric now. God bless.
    Old 09-19-2010, 03:04 AM

Chocolate too? Oh no!!!!

I believe that if that should happen, chocolate will be "rationed" every month for those with that addiction--and I am one.

So, I expect to see an announcement once a month telling us despicable, weak minded addicts, that the chocolate ration next month will go down.
    Old 09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
    Dee

This is bad news.
    Old 09-19-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
    We may have to revert back to what our ancestors did and Recycle clothing....
    Old blankets can be used as batting....
    etc....
    I really like using blankets for batting. My family like the heavier feel and seem be be very warm. I have just finished a turning twenty[actually turning ten] top that I will use a blanket in it for my S-I-l for Christmas to use in his truck.[He's a Semi trucker] My daughter says he will love it. Hope so.
    Old 09-19-2010, 10:02 PM

Neither is mine, what are we to do with everything going up except our SS checks? I've cut everything I can possible cut, and there's nothing left at the end of the month, or I should say the middle of the month. I can't even make it till the end any more.
    Old 09-19-2010, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by irenecarter
    Neither is mine, what are we to do with everything going up except our SS checks? I've cut everything I can possible cut, and there's nothing left at the end of the month, or I should say the middle of the month. I can't even make it till the end any more.
    This is because SS checks are adapted according to the inflation rates determined by the Government :roll:

These Government inflation rates exclude everything 'seasonal', such as energy and food (things that ordinary people don't have to take into account :D )

This explains why the official inflation rates are so amazingly low.

'nough said.....
    Old 09-20-2010, 12:10 AM

I don't know where this will end. At JoAnn's here I have seen $12.97 a yd fabric already. At the LQS there has been $13.00 a yd fabric for awhile. Not all of it is that expensive but some is & even higher. I had to bite the bullet & pay $13 a yd for a couple of yds of Kona Bay fabric I had been looking for. Did not make me happy but the quilt is commissioned & I did not count on enough fabric. That'll learn me dern me!LOL It stinks for the prices torise so high. I have been stockpiling for sometime and going to keep it up for another month or so if I can. I will not pay double prices. Not if I can help it. I'll be shopping for cotton clothes @ Thrift Stores to cut up first. And garage sales. Can't keep a good woman on a quilting mission, down! Dern them. LOL
    Old 09-20-2010, 07:26 AM

I was at my LQS over the weekend...they had just got in some new batiks...BEAUTIFUL...I just 'had' to have at least a couple. I bought only 1/2 yards since I didn't really have a plan..just NEEDED them...they were priced at 10.90/yard!!! Yikes!!!
    Old 09-20-2010, 07:29 AM

I work in a hospital. I have for years preached that the sterile towels could be recycled instead of trashed. My favorite reasoning is "What will a cotton sweatshirt cost in 20 years if you don't recycle all the cotton?" So now my prediction has come true. Who'd a thought I was right?