Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your sewing goals for today? >

What are your sewing goals for today?

What are your sewing goals for today?

Old 10-18-2010, 06:24 AM

I have a quilt that I am hand quilting I am going to work some more on today. My goal is to finish it while I am house sitting this week. All except the binding. I only brought this so I could concentrate on it. I started it back in 03 while I was recovering from surgery. The recovery took months so I had plenty of time. It is all appliqued. It was my first hand appliqued quilt so not perfect but it is going to my granddaughter eventually . Her mom gave me money for the sashing and backing and to finish it for her about 5 yrs ago figured it was about time. lol And it will be on UFO that doesn't have to be packed and moved.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:43 AM

I wish I were quilting.I am altering costume for a play that opens Friday night.I hate alterations but it seems I the only one who sews.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:48 AM

My goals for tonight when I get home from work are.. Finish my D9P top, I just have to add the borders to it now. and stop by the quilt store and buy the "Fight like a girl" quilt. I have till saturday to finish that top up and then I can quilt it on the Gammill at my mothers, for my Mother-in-laes birthday. It may be a stretch but it only a lap quilt so it shouldn't be too bad. Then all day Saturday I'm putting my Ipod on and going to town on the quilts.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:53 AM

Sewing goals for today:

1. Figure out the border quilting design.
2. Execute Goal #1
3. Afterwards, pick out all of the other border quilting design blunders from yesterday (extremely small stitches >:( )
4. Trim it off and bind the quilt.
5. Hopefully, after studying for tomorrow's Calculus exam, finish any remaining outstanding items with the quilt.
6. Name the quilt. People have said the quilt is just too pretty to not name it.
7. Stop sewing, really.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 AM

Gosh, grann -- and I'm just hoping to dig through the piles to get to my scissors and sewing machine (LOL). You inspire me!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:20 AM

Wow...you are one busy woman! Congratulations on your good heart report. I am going to finish up my first Bow Tucks tote today. I'll post a picture when it's finished. I have to go buy a button. I do have a lap quilt that is in the process of quilting. I may try to do some work on it. But, what I really need to do is some housework....ha!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:21 AM

I think we will be cleaning the garage today. Sunday is our annual pumpkin carving party. We have so much fun. Been doing it for 27 years.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 AM

Just went on the western Massachusetts fabric shop hop this weekend with my 2 daughters. It was lots of fun and we got lots of great ideas - and lots of fabric! - Today I have to wash and iron it all so it will be ready to use.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:35 AM

BESIDES WORKING FULL TIME THIS WEEK IN A LAW OFFICE, AM PLANNING A TWO WEEK TRIP TO MY DD TO HELP HER WITH DECORATING NEW HOME AND ENJOYING GRANDCHILDREN. BUSY MAKING DESIGNER LAMP SHADES FOR GD NURSERY, CURTAINS FOR GRANDSONS ROOMS, 3 QUILTED WALLHANGINGS FOR HOUSE, TABLE RUNNERS FOR BOTH BEDROOM DRESSER AND DINING ROOM, NOT TO NAME PACKING ALL THIS PLUS MUCH MORE INTO MY VAN FOR MY TRIP SATURDAY TO ADRIAN, MI. CAN'T WAIT. MY HEAD IS SPINNING WITH DECORATING IDEAS.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:38 AM

Ah, skip the cleaning!!
My chores today consisted of 1. getting DS to school without a fight. He won. 2. change the kitty litter - done. 3. Shave the dog - done. 4. get my bag ready for quilting club this afternoon - we're starting on a bargello! 5. get my donation quilt on the frame and quilt it. 6. get the 2 kids charity quilts that I picked up at guild last week on the frame and quilt them. 7. Bind them all and get them out!! 8. remember to take pictures of them first. and finally 9. think about what project to do next.
See, the cleaning can wait. I'm just going to make a mess anyway. :)