Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died! >

Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died!

Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died!

Old 11-09-2010, 04:16 PM

If it is to be repaired, I certainly would expect that it was under warranty, or is that just wishful thinking?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:37 PM

Sorry to hear this happened to you, please let us know what you found out..
Ladybug
Old 11-09-2010, 05:38 PM

So sorry to hear about your misfortune. I suppose that could happen with any brand. As new as it is and still under warranty, I feel sure they would replace it. If not, I would sure request that they do as you bought it in good faith, and sounds like you did everything right. Please keep us posted on what happens!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

So glad it worked out for you...and you will have a spare in case of future dramas (let's hope you won't need it!). Love it when dealers/suppliers have great after sales service.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 PM

What a great ending to a scary situation! I love my Janome dealer and my janome machines!! I am sooooo happy for you.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:16 PM

So in the end are you saying that you had one smoking hot mother(board)???? ;)

Glad it is working out.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:19 PM

If you bought it new in July, it should still be under warranty. They should replace the machine without question.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by chiaraquilts
Originally Posted by homeagain2010
Hi, I used to work at a Brother dealership in MN and once in a while a machine would have a bad computer board. If it is still under warranty you should be able to have the board replaced,or the whole machine. Just remember each machine will run a little bit different than the other.
Take a deep breath and enjoy what you can of your day.
Good luck, Gina in MI
Update:

Back from the dealer (they were GREAT) and exactly as Gina says above, the motherboard had one component that failed. They took it all apart to show me and it is amazing how tiny the piece is- anyway, they will replace the motherboard within a few days and assure me it will be fine. Also got a nice loaner in the meantime!

I did express concern about the same problem happening again, and was told if there was any problem, the machine would be replaced. So I feel confident in trying the replacement motherboard.

AND, when I mentioned that my old Bernina 1010 wasn't working (reason I bought this machine), they said to bring it in when I come to pick up my machine and he will try to fix it free! It would be great to have a backup machine!

Thank you all for support and suggestions- nice to have friends who understand how important a sewing machine can be!
Sounds like it was a win/win situation. So glad for a happy ending, and most of all that you are pleased. Also sounds like you have a good dealer who wants a satisfied customer!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:52 PM

It is just a freakish thing that happened. My computer hard drive went out in 2 months, been over a year now and no trouble. Many years ago we bought a new car, the starter went out in 2 weeks.

I'm sure that your dealer will take good care of you.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:19 PM

I hope you have some kind of warranty on it since it is less than a year old. Sewing machines are never dead in less than a year! I would insist on a new one. Who knows what also 'fried', I would be firm but persistant until they make me happy! You spent a small fortune on that machine, and have a right to own a new machine, not a refurbished, which is what you will have if they 'fix' it. If they insist on fixing it, I would ask for a discount, commensurate with the cost of a refurbished machine. Do your homework tonight before you take it in tomorrow. I would go to the Janome web site, and see what kind of warranty you got with your machine. I would walk into the shop with 'all of my ducks' lined up. I wish you the best! {HUGS} If that happened to my new machine, I would probably have a 'hissy-fit', then get busy!