Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fons & Porter >
  • Fons & Porter

• Fons & Porter

Old 12-24-2010, 01:18 AM

The last I had heard the daughter was supposed to be doing her own seperate show for newer and younger quilters, It was approached like she would only be on with mom til she got the hang of doing the show. At that point I guess MaryAnn will continue the original show I'm hoping for occasional visits from Liz.
    Old 12-24-2010, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by june6995
    i saw my first Fons and Porter show on Sunday...without Liz. Oh my gosh. That girl never stopped talking and then both of them were talking at the same time. Reminds me of The View! Listening from another room makes one want to turn the TV off.

Not the same with out Liz! She was so calm!

June in Cincinnati
    I have not seen the new show-- but I wouldn't expect anything different between a mother and daughter! LOL....

btw-- For $20 you can get internet access to all of the Fons and Porter videos through their website. Watch as much as you want for 12 months. I thought is was a bargain compared to what many of these sites are charging.
    Old 12-27-2010, 07:33 AM

I read that she has passed away. She will be sadly missed by the quilting world. Go to her website.
    Old 12-27-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by BettyJean
    I read that she has passed away. She will be sadly missed by the quilting world. Go to her website.
    can you post a link? Do you mean the fons & porter site because there's nothing there about that. Also there's nothing at the QCA site about it.
    Old 12-27-2010, 11:02 PM

Yeah....I don't think it's a good idea to say someone has passed on without being able to show evidence....

Here is a link to Mary Fons (daughter of Maryanne) website:
    http://www.maryfons.com/blog/

she addresses the retirement and her participation with the series there.
    Old 12-28-2010, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by hpthecat
    Yeah....I don't think it's a good idea to say someone has passed on without being able to show evidence....

Here is a link to Mary Fons (daughter of Maryanne) website:
    http://www.maryfons.com/blog/

she addresses the retirement and her participation with the series there.
    Thanks for posting the link. It was interesting to read and cleared up any questions about what happened to Porter.
    Old 12-29-2010, 12:44 AM

It's on their website in the story of the guy named Dave on the quilting board who quilted her last 4 quilts for her.
    Old 12-29-2010, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by gale
    can you post a link? Do you mean the fons & porter site because there's nothing there about that. Also there's nothing at the QCA site about it.
    (link) http://www.fonsandporter.com/aspx/fo...ge.aspx?pageid(put an equal sign mycomputer doesn't have one)then 259
    I don't like being called a liar
    Old 12-29-2010, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by gale
    The story was on Dec. 23 post Dave-Jane from Randolph, Wisconsin
    Old 12-29-2010, 02:55 AM

First of all--- here is the link Betty Jean is trying to give us, and then I've got a word for all to consider...

http://www.fonsandporter.com/aspx/fo...spx?pageid=259

I don't believe the "Liz" in the story is Liz Porter. First of all, unfortunately there is no date stamp on the story. The person telling the story shares that the funeral was held the day after Christmas, and yet BettyJean says the story was "on Dec. 23rd".....how could it even be about this year??? If the man doesn't even go meet the family until Christmas Eve??

Don't you think if Elizabeth Porter passed away, it would be acknowledged bold as day in plain site on the home page of the website?? Not buried somewhere and released by a relatively unknown business associate? I mean that wouldn't even be proper.

I'm going to shoot and e-mail to the Fons n Porter website with a link to this thread and ask if they will clear this up!