Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Block of the Month-am I being unreasonable? >
  • Block of the Month-am I being unreasonable?

• Block of the Month-am I being unreasonable?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:44 AM

Similar thing happened to me. I dislike the substituted fabric so much that I never finished the 2008 BOM. They said they could not get the original fabric in and the substitute they chose was the best they could do. I was very disappointed.
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:27 PM

I would complain too. They should let you pick the fabric so long as it is within the price range of the fabric in the original kit.

Originally Posted by BfloDd
    I have participated in A block of the month at mt LQS. Bought the blocks finishing kit and backing there. Investing quite a bit of money happily because I planned to usE the quilt as the center of a bedroom remodel. There was quite a bit of fabric in the finishing kit and I have struggled putting it together because I hate two of the fabrics when they are together. I have frequently mentioned to the store owners that my quilt top is not turning out as pretty as the one they displayed in The shop. Recently I finally realized that they had given me a different fabric and asked the owner who finally admitted that half of the participants were given different fabric due to a supply problem said there wasn't any other choice. I honestly think they made an awful choice with the fabric substitution and think I should have been told I was getting something different than what I ordered. Have you had this happen? Am I being unreasonable? I feel duped.
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:47 PM

No, you are not being unreasonable. You should have been able to sub what you wanted.
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:50 PM
    Cyn

I would not be happy bout this at all!
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:53 PM

Not unreasonable. The should have contacted you and let you know of the fabric change and ask if you still wanted to purchase the kit. That's only common courtesy and good customer relation practice.
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:54 PM
    joy

You should be reimbursed.... take the offending fabric back, whether it has been cut or not.... and demand another material or else be reimbursed.... not your fault at all...
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:56 PM

No, definitely not unreasonable.
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:59 PM
    Power Poster

I think they should have posted a disclaimer that some of the fabric may be different. Then you could have checked to see if you like it. That said, as soon as you realized that you didn't like the fabric, why didn't you pick up a fabric that you DO like? I know it is extra expense but in the end, the substitution might be the perfect fabric for a different project.
    Old 01-09-2011, 01:45 PM

I dont think you are being unreasonable at all they could have at least told you or ask maybe took up a poll
    Old 01-09-2011, 02:07 PM

You should "demand " your money back since you do not really like the substitute fabric. If you liked the fabric choice that would be different. The kit and all materials should be refunded even if cut. This can be a very expensive projectt. If they give you any hassel then do not shop them any more. The economy is too tight for stores to lose customers.