Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35 >

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

Old 11-27-2010, 01:04 PM

I posted yesterday that I received an awesome package from my Secret Pal .... Kellie ... Here is what was in it ... a beautiful block that she made that I will use as a dollie on my living room end table as ... a magazine with beginners projects in it .. which will be of great use as I am a beginner and there are lots of nice projects in it ... a pair of machine quilting grip gloves ... 3 fat quarters, notebook and pen, body spray (one that I can actually use!!!), a christmas ornament, snowman tin, a craft box , post card of Michigan (which I will add to my collection), Thanksgiving pumpkin ornament, quilting pins, a little sewing kit and the best mint chocolates that I have ever tasted!!!! Thank you so much Kellie! It will all be put to good use and I love it all!!!

My Nov Swap Package - Oh how I love it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134681[/ATTACH]

Block that was in my Package ... Beautiful
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134682[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134676.jpe   attachment-134677.jpe  
Old 11-27-2010, 02:03 PM

Very nice squishies! I will have to remember to do some blocks for my pals.

Suzanne
Old 11-27-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by dglvr
My package arrived. Thanks starshine. I do have cows in my kitchen. The panel will come in handy. The German candy was yummy. Norina has had before but I haven't. I was trying to get a picture and Lili just couldn't stand not being included so I included a picture of her trying to sneak in on her back. Ha.
The quilty pin will come in handy. Thanks so much.
:thumbup:
Just love the picture of Lily she is just gorgeous. The fabric is too!!!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:35 PM

Gday Alisapao,
i have attached a pic of the book that i have had to pick up and take photos of. thank you, now i will put it into my bag and read it in my breaks at work. :thumbup: LOL. that's all i needed was a push. :-D also a good online book store 'Book Depository' gr8 pricing. compare and you will see.
happy quilting :)
[quote=Alisapao730]Thank you! is there an order in the series, or can you read them out of sync? [quote=pennyj123]Gday, I am not a reader but i bought the Elm Creek Quilts Sampler Novel series by Jennifer Chiaverini, and couldn't put the book down. Then i purchased the Elm Creek Quilts Projects book, but have been so busy doing SP and SS and trying to get xmas presents finished i haven't been able to get back to the novel. LOL. And i would love to be included for the Dec Swap if it is a goer. :)

[quote=Katie Ann]Alisapao730, check this out.

http://www.cozy-mystery.com/blog/qui...mysteries.html

[quote=Alisapao730]OOOO i really love to read! I think that I would love a bok about quilting! I wonder how many books/Authors there are out there on quilting. Does anyone know of a good book or series?]

Elm Creek Novel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134834[/ATTACH]

Elm Creek Novel Contents
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134835[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134829.jpe   attachment-134830.jpe  
Old 11-27-2010, 05:01 PM

I agree....that is a really cool idea :D

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
Very nice squishies! I will have to remember to do some blocks for my pals.

Suzanne
Old 11-27-2010, 05:50 PM

00000. Thank you! And I love your Bernina! I have the 230PE w/knee bar and can't wait to up grade someday! I also like Francine Rivers (not quilting related) She is a christain romance novelist. There are two books of hers I want as well. oh what a dilemma to be in LOL! [quote=pennyj123]Gday Alisapao,
i have attached a pic of the book that i have had to pick up and take photos of. thank you, now i will put it into my bag and read it in my breaks at work. :thumbup: LOL. that's all i needed was a push. :-D also a good online book store 'Book Depository' gr8 pricing. compare and you will see.
happy quilting :)
[quote=Alisapao730]Thank you! is there an order in the series, or can you read them out of sync? [quote=pennyj123]Gday, I am not a reader but i bought the Elm Creek Quilts Sampler Novel series by Jennifer Chiaverini, and couldn't put the book down. Then i purchased the Elm Creek Quilts Projects book, but have been so busy doing SP and SS and trying to get xmas presents finished i haven't been able to get back to the novel. LOL. And i would love to be included for the Dec Swap if it is a goer. :)

[quote=Katie Ann]Alisapao730, check this out.

http://www.cozy-mystery.com/blog/qui...mysteries.html

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
OOOO i really love to read! I think that I would love a bok about quilting! I wonder how many books/Authors there are out there on quilting. Does anyone know of a good book or series?]
Old 11-27-2010, 06:53 PM

I received my SP Gift today! Thank you Lynnc! I love everything! As you can see, she gave me a needle point purse, plastic canvass Christmas Magnet, and a hand made pin cushion (I just began collecting them and I love it!) There's a little betty Crocker Fall baking book, An Alphabet Sampler That I cannot wait to make for my new Grandbaby!! I'm a fist time Grandma in May! She also gave me Double wedding ring templet! Another Quilt that I have admired and can't wait to make! She sent me a little photo Album to keep photos of all my wuilts that I make in. Being a Beginner, This is such a thoughtful gift! and lastly, a kit to make a Quilter's Sudoku make the quilt and solve the puzzle, How fun is that?! I love games and putting it together with a quilt is going to be so much fun! Thank you Lynn Charlot, you put so much thought into the gift! The wait was worth it!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134902.jpe  
Old 11-28-2010, 04:03 AM

there are quite a bunch which I discovered at the library, and they are great.

I just finished "The Lady in the Attic" which is from Annies attic, have to get it from there. but it was readl good! mystery!

as for the ones in the library, at least the few I read is terrific, mysteries galore!

Thought I'd go check them out this week and see if I can find more. oh and not just quilters, crocheters& knitters with these!

Mary/ psychomomquilter
Old 11-28-2010, 04:22 AM

Well I looked on the site, all I can say now you have done it!! Gotta find the books!! my time is going to be soooo filled with sewing,crocheting, quilting, AND reading, I won't have time for anything else! hehehehe, that is great!

I do love to read! mary/psychomomquilter

oh and thanks for sharing that link!
Old 11-28-2010, 06:32 AM

Here is a picture of my Secret Pal Items!! I finally am learning how to post pictures..
Aurora, Thanks again for all my favorite things!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134957.jpe