Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 01:28 PM

MJPEncinitas, thrilled to hear you are recovering! I agree, little kids are germ bombs. I haven’t been As ill as many times in 10 years as I’ve been since I began watching my dgd a couple of times a week. I, too, thought it possible I had Covid but tested negative. I’m still coughing from the last time and she sneezed smack in my face today. Good grief. If I’m ill next week, I’ll know why. Re: the Valley of Fire, I want to hop a plane and go see it now. Happily direct flights between Asheville and LV!

DDL is having contractions. Probably Braxton Hicks as it’s 3 weeks early but you never know. Baby could be anxious to meet the parents.
Old 04-01-2022, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
DDL is having contractions. Probably Braxton Hicks as it’s 3 weeks early but you never know. Baby could be anxious to meet the parents.
Oh it's so exciting when the contractions start up! It could be now! Do you know the gender yet?

Mjp, sorry you got sick. Kiddies do share germs a lot, my word!

Spring seems to have finally arrived. We had a tornado on Wednesday night, followed by a dusting of snow, but today is bright and sunny and 61°. We took our homeschool lessons outside to the porch swing this afternoon. It was so nice!
Old 04-01-2022, 02:15 PM

No, nobody knows! Well, maybe medical staff know but the parents are waiting, just like they did with the first.
Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Oh it's so exciting when the contractions start up! It could be now! Do you know the gender yet?…
Old 04-01-2022, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
No, nobody knows! Well, maybe medical staff know but the parents are waiting, just like they did with the first.
Oh that is wonderful! We have always waited to know until the birth and it makes it so special! Very few parents do it that way nowadays but we love it.
Old 04-02-2022, 04:16 AM

sorry I haven't been on lately. Been in PA visiting my bestie...then moved my granddaughter back home with her baby, boyfriend and large st bernard. We have been busy but very happy.

All the blocks are wonderful and love looking at the gallery at all of them. Thank you
Old 04-02-2022, 06:23 AM

My son lives in Vegas and about 5 minutes from Red Rock Canyon and works on the strip. Valley of Fire is further away but worth the drive.

MJP glad you are starting to feel better, a few years ago we celebrated Christmas with a grand who wasn’t feeling well. Within a couple days 10 of the 12 us that were there were terribly sick. The younger grand kids were only sick for a few days, the rest of us took several weeks to recover.

Janice how exciting that baby will be here soon
Old 04-03-2022, 03:38 PM

Good evening, Begonias! Hope you all have had a great weekend.

Reminder that blocks are due in about a month but there’s no rush to finish early.

Have a nice evening.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
Hello Ladies, I made a block tonight for Petthefabric, I hope it looks alright. I wanted to try curved piecing also. The fabric reminded me of rich wine and I loved the pattern in my book

Very cute wine glasses filled with delicious fabrics. Well done!
Old 04-04-2022, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I have three more blocks to post. One for AnnaQuilts, one for LStew and one for Petthefabric. I hope you like what I made for you.
thank you for the beautiful Native American/South West block you made. I really appreciate it. Thank you.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Sewbiz it cooled down beautiful last night but another hit one today. Went to the pool at the new place this afternoon and turned out the 8 couples there were all from Minnesota. It will be fun getting to know everyone next year.

MJ I learned that I will also need to have a good assortment of colored thread also in case I need it for appliqué

Here are my last blocks for Begonia. Two for MJP, 1 for NzQuilter and a bonus one for Annaquilts.
Thank you for the adorable bonus block with the fussy cut pueblo center. It is a wonderful adittion to the other blocks and fits in perfectly.