Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-05-2011, 04:28 AM

Great pics showing up! For those of you having trouble, I discovered that a standard digital photo is too large to upload. You will have to make it a little smaller. What I usually do when I have to edit a photo is to make a copy first. Then I can play with that one and save the original to print out normally.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch View Post
It is not enough to subscribe you have to tell it what KIND of notifications you want. Quick links to subscribed threads - On the page that says the threads your subscribed too are little boxes you can check for each thread. Check them then click the button (selected threads) to mess with them. It will ask what kind of notifications, (instant email, control panel only, etc). You want to switch to Instant email notificaions
Megan I have told it what I wanted. Checked the boxes. Still not getting it.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
Aloha Verna!!!

Try clicking on Settings....located where the page welcomes you, notifications, my profile, settings and log out.
When the page comes up, scroll down the page and on the left hand side....under MY ACCOUNT....there is General Settings. Click on it. A page comes up with all kinds of settings....from logging in, to email, PM's.....there, you make your choices what you want. At the very bottom of the page, there are two boxes...one says "save changes" the other, "reset fields." Click on "save changes" and that should give you what you want as far as email notifications. That's my best guess. One question I have though, were you getting email notification before the system changed???
Yes I was getting all of my email notifications before the change.I am sorry but this is just getting to be to much for me. I don't have the time to sit here all day trying to figure everything out. Am getting ready for surgery, just have to much on my mind right now and this is almost bringing me to tears.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
Yes I was getting all of my email notifications before the change.I am sorry but this is just getting to be to much for me. I don't have the time to sit here all day trying to figure everything out. Am getting ready for surgery, just have to much on my mind right now and this is almost bringing me to tears.
Maybe this will help:

When responding to my text, click on Go Advanced and you should be given a new text field with additional options below the text field...scroll down, first there is Post Icons, and below that is another Box listing Additional Options, including HTML, Attachments and then Subscriptions.

Under Subscriptions you will see a box to be checked to subscribe to the thread and below that are 2 additional boxes. The first box allows you to select the manner and frequency of notifications:
Through my control panel
Instantly, using email
Daily using email
or Weekly using email

This is where you can choose the frequency of emails and be sure to scroll down below these boxes and hit the blue Submit Reply button.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:11 AM

A compliment and a question.
Compliment: Crafty Darlene - that quilt is fabulous! A maple leaf quilt like that has been on "my list" to get to for years and maybe this is the inspiration I need. Well done!

Now the question: Used to be that when looking at a thread, like this SP one, we could "jump" to a particular numbered page of posts by putting the page number in a little box at the bottom of the page. Now all I see is a few number choices I can go to, like right now I see "First...24, 64, 73, 74" with some arrows to go forward and backward. I try to remember which page I read last time I was on the board and just go there to start so I don't have to page through a whole lot each time. Anyone know a good way to do this? Thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:18 AM

I do have Instant Email checked and I did click on Save, am starting to get a few but not many. On the old board there were quite a few I was following. Don't even know how to find them now.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Debka View Post
A compliment and a question.
Compliment: Crafty Darlene - that quilt is fabulous! A maple leaf quilt like that has been on "my list" to get to for years and maybe this is the inspiration I need. Well done!

Now the question: Used to be that when looking at a thread, like this SP one, we could "jump" to a particular numbered page of posts by putting the page number in a little box at the bottom of the page. Now all I see is a few number choices I can go to, like right now I see "First...24, 64, 73, 74" with some arrows to go forward and backward. I try to remember which page I read last time I was on the board and just go there to start so I don't have to page through a whole lot each time. Anyone know a good way to do this? Thanks.
Just below where you referenced pages is a beige colored line and if you look to the right there is a field written in blue that says View First Unread. Hope this helps!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:22 AM

I'm thinking about giving up on this board all together. I am still not getting any notifications in my email when someone post a new message in this thread or any other thread I am following. I just don't know how to fix it. I am subscribe to this thread, my inbox is not full. So can someone on here please help me b4 I completey give up.

Thanks
Verna2197

VERNA, u have to clean out your PM's too, if you haven't already. We only have space for 500 msgs and if u have more sitting in your box, then u need to delete them. I had a LOAD I had to delete! So do that and change your notifications too, if u haven't already. Hope that helps!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:24 AM

SP.....Your pkg is out for delivery today!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:32 AM

I do have Instant Email checked and I did click on Save, am starting to get a few but not many. On the old board there were quite a few I was following. Don't even know how to find them now.
I am not sure if you have to revisit and post in the sites again to resume notification or not... Hopefully by going to the Home page you can find your previously watched topics amongst the various categories, send a current reply and begin following them again.

I am learning this one step at a time, too. Hopefully someone will have some additional tips for you!