Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-19-2010, 12:26 PM

Okay peeps. I have 3 hours before I have to get ready for the Festival of the Trees.

My hair is still wet from my shower and as soon as it dries I can put it up in hot rollers. Once my hair is in rollers then I can put on my make-up on and get dressed. I will not take my hair down from the rollers until 5 o'clock. \

I am getting so nervous. This is the first time I have been able to actually watch my quilts be auctioned off. Usually I donate them and then just wait to hear what they went for.

It is also a sit-down dinner before the auction so that should be fun. I am nervous about not having the right manners though. I hope I use the right fork and all that jazz.

I will let you know right before I head out the door. OOOH we are taking a camera with us so we can take pics of the quilt hanging.

*deep breath*

Relax Missy...Relax Missy...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-129563.jpe  
Old 11-19-2010, 12:35 PM

Missy it sounds like you will have a wonderful time.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Missy it sounds like a lot of fun. Take a deep breath and relax, we don't need you passing out before you get there.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Missy it sounds like a lot of fun. Take a deep breath and relax, we don't need you passing out before you get there.
You are right Carrie...deep breaths is what I need to concentrate on!

Yup yup yup.

Okay...time for you guys to think dry hair thoughts for me and my hair...

Missy
Old 11-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Banned

I want to see a pic of you all dressed up.

OH and have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH OH and that is me to the left...........I like green.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I want to see a pic of you all dressed up.

OH and have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH OH and that is me to the left...........I like green.
Well I have my hair all curly and my make up is on and I am dressed up with even high heels. I just need to get my mom in gear so she can take a picture of me.

I am so so excited!!

Missy
Old 11-19-2010, 04:38 PM

Missy, you have lovely eyes and hair, plus nice skin. Take pleasure in these until you can take pleasure in your body's reflection in a mirror.

You go, girl. Wearing high heels make everyone feel better (if they are comfortable).

I went to the Dr today. I have lost 5 pounds since Nov 1. Woohoo!!

Loving my reawakened taste buds. I bought a flavored coffee when I got gas. All I could taste was plastic and salt. Good. No more of those. More money to spend on fabrics. :-) It probably had high fructose corn syrup in it, too. I try to avoid that to flatten my protruding tummy.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by bronald
A few things we can do to make ourselves feel better about ourselves. Go buy a really well fitting bra. When our bra fits our breasts perk up and make our tummies look smaller. Get at least one outfit that fits well and flatters us. The second hand store is great won't cost lots. This is important to us as we will only wear that size for a short time we are on the way down. Dress in these nicer cloths even at home we will feel more motivated if we feel we look good.
I would like to get a great fitting bra, it can make such a difference. I just wish I could find one that fit correctly. I even went to Macy's when they had a "professional" fitter in town. She didn't have a clue. It's so frustrating.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Originally Posted by bronald
A few things we can do to make ourselves feel better about ourselves. Go buy a really well fitting bra. When our bra fits our breasts perk up and make our tummies look smaller. Get at least one outfit that fits well and flatters us. The second hand store is great won't cost lots. This is important to us as we will only wear that size for a short time we are on the way down. Dress in these nicer cloths even at home we will feel more motivated if we feel we look good.
I would like to get a great fitting bra, it can make such a difference. I just wish I could find one that fit correctly. I even went to Macy's when they had a "professional" fitter in town. She didn't have a clue. It's so frustrating.
I had to buy a new bra. I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I got one on sale. The one I tried on had interior support, it was so comfortable. It was probably the most comfortable bra I have worn in years. When I got home I took off the tags, and low and behold, it was a nursing bra! I was going to return it, but it is dang comfortable, plus it was under $8.00.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:38 PM

Who cares if it's a nursing bra if it fits well and is comfy. That's the one for you.
It can be very frusterating to buy bra's. Every woman has a different shape. One bra deffinatly does not fit all.