Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-12-2014, 12:13 PM

The older I get the less I can stand the cold. I guess this wk end we are going to get some cold weather. I am going to dig out my embroidery machine that is 2yrs old and I haven't even taken it out of the box.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:41 PM

It is a good day to start on my BOM that I just got from Common Threads. The sun is out here but this morning it was 15 degrees. My project is called Emporia Rose, and I am trying to decide on hand applique or machine. I am leaning toward hand applique as I like the hand work involved with it. Just got the fabrics all washed in hot water and ironed. Ten more days till Florida!
Old 11-12-2014, 03:09 PM

Cheesehead, not sure where in WI you live but in the middle of the state we were at 22 degrees earlier today and dropping.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Shak View Post
Cheesehead, not sure where in WI you live but in the middle of the state we were at 22 degrees earlier today and dropping.
Made me shiver just thinking about it!

We spent seven years in South Dakota (I am originally a California girl) and I had never experienced cold like that before. You really have to think ahead and be prepared. My RA sent us to the SW to become desert rats.

To all going through this cold and/or snowy weather, I am sending lots of warm thoughts your way! Be smart. Be safe! Find someone you love and SNUGGLE!
Old 11-12-2014, 03:43 PM

Hurray...I got the fabric I needed for the MR today so can get to work on it. But the good thing is that while I was waiting, I finished a ufo that I had begun several years ago. It is a denim quilt for my son. Off topic but I did learn one thing. I had signed one block with both a pigma pen and a permanent marker. When it came out of the wash, I see that the permanent marker bleed into the adjoining little parts of fabric and blurred the words. The pigma pen came through fine so I know now how to do labels and to always use a pigma pen.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:04 PM

Got all of my swap boxes into the mail today..........like so many others........unfortunately, not many folks from my neck of the woods.....some...one or two...or three or four.....people may figure out who sent their packages. Oh well.

You still can't open them. (Neener neener)

I do hope everyone likes what I sent them!
Old 11-12-2014, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Shak View Post
We are located SW of West Bend, or about 25 miles NW of Milwaukee. We arrived this afternoon to a balmy 23*, when we left the coast yesterday it was in the mid 70's, brrrrrr.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:34 PM

Jacie,
Keeping you in my prayers!

Patchesnposies,
That's exactly what Brat and I discussed. Everyone will know who sent their pkg due to the return address label.
I always put my return address. Not sure it helps in some cases, but for the 1st time in all the swaps I've done, 2 months ago the post office lost a pkg I sent. They asked if there was a return address? Luckily I always put one. Though it didn't seem to matter, the pkg is still lost. Luckily the replacement I sent out arrived to my swappee safe and sound.

On our mug rugs, the surprise is really more about what's inside the pkg anyways, eh??

On the weather front, balmy high of 18 here today!!

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-12-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:42 PM

Not to get others upset, but it's pretty nice here in southeastern PA. The past couple of days have been on the sunny side and in the low 60's. I hate really cold weather and especially snow. When I worked I told everyone that if it had to snow I wished it would only snow on weekends, then I had no choice but to stay home and sew. Last winter was my first winter in retirement and every morning when I work up and saw all that white outside I was so glad I didn't have to go out and clean off the car, at least not early in the day.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:43 PM

Maybe I shouldn't mention this, but it was a balmy 80 degrees at dinner time in Phoenix this evening. I feel your pain, those of you enduring the first arctic blast of the winter season.