Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35 >

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

November Secret Pal Swap - UPDATE PAGE 35

Old 12-05-2010, 09:11 AM

I am also waiting for my SP gift. I sent my gift to SP a little late so will have patience. After all this is an extremely busy time of the year. I love participating in this SP group and hope we continue for a long time. Gift or no gift it is fun to do and you get to meet so many wonderful people.
Back to working on the quilt I am giving to GD for Christmas. Hope to make the deadline.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:37 AM

I haven't received anything yet
Old 12-05-2010, 11:40 AM

I have a request to do a partner type swap in for January but it hasn't been approved yet. All swaps are in danger of being stopped so keep your fingers crossed.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
I have a request to do a partner type swap in for January but it hasn't been approved yet. All swaps are in danger of being stopped so keep your fingers crossed.
It would be sad to see all swaps stopped because we have some slackers on board! I would hate to see that happen that is just letting a few bad apples ruin the whole orchard!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
It would be sad to see all swaps stopped because we have some slackers on board! I would hate to see that happen that is just letting a few bad apples ruin the whole orchard!
My request is under consideration and hasn't been rejected or denied outright so it is still hopeful. There would be revisions to the swap though.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:57 AM

since Oct, I have participated in 8? swaps and out of those, the only ones I DIDN't receive from was the PARTNERED swaps (3) but the way I look at is, I did them for the experience and to learn how to do something new, and in that it was 100% success, so if I didn't receive in return? well I got what I entered them for, FUN, and there is still always a chance that once their lives catch back up, I may get my swap, lol, always have faith
Old 12-05-2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
since Oct, I have participated in 8? swaps and out of those, the only ones I DIDN't receive from was the PARTNERED swaps (3) but the way I look at is, I did them for the experience and to learn how to do something new, and in that it was 100% success, so if I didn't receive in return? well I got what I entered them for, FUN, and there is still always a chance that once their lives catch back up, I may get my swap, lol, always have faith
I submitted a variation of Koko's suggestion for partnering and not sending until both parties involved have a finished project. We shall see.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:04 PM

well I enjoy them to much to stop just because I don't get one in return lol, for me the fun is in the making and everyone here is so creative it makes me stretch beyond my usual comfort zones and explore other things
Old 12-05-2010, 12:41 PM

I also like to say Thanks for all that you do to organize the swap. November was my first swap and I signed up for December also.

I really do enjoy gathering things together in a parcel and sending it off to my Secret Pal. It is unfortunate that some sign up and dont follow through ... if this ever happens again please pm me and I will send some items off also. It is not very fair to the ones that dont receive and I believe the ones that dont follow through shouldn't be able to participate.

I also like the idea of "Quilting Sisters". I just did an exchange on another group that we had an exchange partner and the partner and I conversed back and forth through email and that way we got to know each other better and it was more easier and more fun to shop for someone this way as you get to learn of other likes and dislikes of your partner.

Keep up the great work!!!

:)
Old 12-05-2010, 12:44 PM

I finally got my squishy this past Friday but I can't thank her because there was no note or name on it, so if you recognize me as who you sent it to, thank you for what you sent. I loved the fabric.