soap for leg cramps

Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 AM

I make my own sodamint capsules for leg cramps. Dr told me about it 21 years ago when I was pregnant now you can't find them so I had to figure out how to make my own lol
Old 06-03-2011, 10:11 AM

You can also drink about 2 ozs of apple cider vinegar.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:58 AM

Wal-Mart has something with quinine in it by the pharmacy in a little box and it says for leg cramps. I got it for a friend about a month ago . I will have to find out the exact name on the box. Wasn't expensive either. The friend said it is the only thing that helps.

Good Luck
Suzy
Old 06-03-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by patski
You can also drink pickle juice! Weird but it really works
Ohhh, I love the taste of pickle juice.

My mom use to get mad and me and my sister for drinking it...she said it was gonna thin our blood.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Dr.Gott recommend this, many say it works
Old 06-03-2011, 12:13 PM

Quinine is no longer available----------no matter how much you want it. Except in quinine soda.[/quote]

Quinine IS STILL available with prescription from ur doctor. If you read my earlier post, i get mine in Canada, it's cheaper there, with a prescription of course. my friend here gets hers from local drug store and it's covered by her insurance plan.. also quinine soda doesn't have enough mg of quinine to do any good and neither does that stuff they sell at drug stores, i think it has like 1mg. mine are 320 mg. and they do the trick for sure.
and i have another friend who gets hers in Canada too. so if anybody wants the pharmacy address and phone number, just pm me and i'll give it to you.
donna
Old 06-03-2011, 12:36 PM

Yes, lot of people swear by it but it didn't work for me. I think you have to use a certain brand
Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 PM

What he needs is magnesium. It relaxes every organ of the body, including the colon so don't take too much. I'm an herbalist and we recommend this all the time and it works. Everyone needs more magnesium these days; it's no longer in the soil in amounts that are beneficial so it is no longer in our foods in normal amounts either.
Originally Posted by ptquilts
DH takes a lot of meds and mentioned to his doc that he sometimes gets leg cramps at night. The physician's assistant said, Put a bar of soap under the sheet down by your legs.

I was flabbergasted to hear this from a medical person at a university teaching hospital/ medical center. But I looked it up online and a lot of people swear by it.

I put it in the bed last night, so we will see if it works. I should put it between the 2 of us as I get them sometimes too.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

Hi - I was reading the replies and saw your gorgeous iris. Absolutely beautiful. My mother had and old hybrid iris that had lavender fringe about 1/4 inch all around that I loved as a child. I searched for years to find one like it, but couldn't. Now we live in an apt. and I can't plant anything, unless maybe I plant it at my son's house. You just brightened my day, thanks.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:28 PM

I have Fibromyalgia and the soap does help with the pain, I have kept a bar of soap between my sheet and matress pad for a long time, just be sure to change it from time to time. No one has a explanation for it, but it does help.