Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many machines? >

How many machines?

How many machines?

Old 06-18-2011, 04:44 AM

1 Embroidery,3 mechanical and 2 Treadles 1 is a White and the other is a Singer Red Head that I just picked up. Everytime I see a machine depending on what it is I still want to buy another.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:53 AM

Lets see now I have a White serger and 2 White treadle machines, 1 Free, 1 Ruby, 1 Minnesota, 1 E. W. Williams, 1 Harris, 1 Singer Treadle, 2 Early 1900 Singers a Red Eye and Sphinx, 4 early 1960's Singers, 2 Singer Featherweights, and 2 computerized Vikings 1 quilting machine and 1 embrodary machine, and my 14 year old grandson just found a chain driven Kenmore at a free garage sale. Most of them I have rescued but they are beautiful with all the decals on them and all but one works.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:10 AM

I feel normal after reading all these posts! I have a Viking embroidery machine that started it all. Getting ready to sell it because I do not use the embroidery unit much since kids are grown. I have back problems, so hubby (bless him) suggested I purchase a cheapie light weight machine that would be easier to carry to classes. That is where my cheapie Brother came from.
Then, I fell in love with FW's at a quilt show and eventually found a good deal on one. That is now my travel machine as long as I don't need fancy stitches. If I do, I take my cheapie Brother.
Just for the joy of owning a piece of history, I also have a Singer 201 hand crank (my favorite), a Singer 115 treadle, and a Singer 66-1 Red Eye treadle.
For making clothes, I have a Babylock Imagine serger.
Most people I know enjoy collecting something, at least mine are useful! My hubby collects vintage cast iron cookware - he has more pots and pans than we could ever cook in!!!! At least I use all of my machines!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:25 AM

I have a Viking Diamond, a Bernina, A Kenmore, 2 Featherweights. 2 Embroidery machines, a felting machine. 2 Sergers (a Viking and a Singer) and an old Fiati. I use my Viking mostly.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:38 AM

I have one an Elna SU. I've never sewn on a featherweight so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. My question is where do you have the room tpo storee these machines? I think the FW are beautiful but I don't know how I would store all them. Can I come over to your house to play and sew?
Old 06-18-2011, 05:42 AM

22....all but 1 vintage and all working and used, mostly all Singer treadles and/or handcranks....2 LA's, one at home in the basement (A1 Singer) and 1 at the shop (Nolting Fun Quilter)

Told my husband we either needed to add on the house or open a shop....lol

Christine
Old 06-18-2011, 05:42 AM

I currently own a 222K Featherweight (free-arm model), one 221 Featherweight that will be sold in a while, a black longbed Singer 301 that is new to me, but will be used a lot, a tan Singer 301 in a cabinet that is currently for sale, a Janome 3010 QDC for travelling, a Janome 11000 for sewing and embroidery, a Janome 1600P that is on my Grace Pinnacle frame for quilting. Just inherited a Singer 115 treadle in a parlour cabinet, and restored a White VSII treadle that I'm thinking of selling. I like old machines and get a kick out of buying them and fixing them. I will keep the 222K Featherweight and the black 301 and I do have another 222K coming my way as soon as the postal strike in Canada stops.

It's a lot of machines, and I do own a serger and a Janome MB4 for embroidery. I am finished buying now and am making some choices as to what to keep and what to sell.

I don't intend to keep machines to pass down to family, as we have boys and they don't care one iota about my stuff. I will just use them, enjoy them and then sell them when I no longer need them.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:43 AM

I have 3 sewing machines and a serger. Don't have room for any more.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Grammie Sharon
I have one an Elna SU. I've never sewn on a featherweight so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. My question is where do you have the room tpo storee these machines? I think the FW are beautiful but I don't know how I would store all them. Can I come over to your house to play and sew?

Please come over to my house to play, I have all these lovelies, just looking for new playmates :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I love the sound in the room when 2 or more vintage machines are going at the same time. :thumbup:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:47 AM

I have so many machines-- my Bernina 440QE with embroidery, my beloved Bernina 830 Record that I have used since 1972, 4 Featherweights, a Singer slant top, 2 other old Singers, my Tin Lizzie 18LS, and a Huskylock serger. Lucky me, I do realize that I am fortunate to have so much.