Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pfaff sewing machine >
  • Pfaff sewing machine

• Pfaff sewing machine

Old 07-11-2011, 06:19 AM

I have 2 Pfaff's. My newest one is the Creative Vision 5. Love it. It's way smarter than I will ever be. But, user friendly so far.
    The dealer in my area is very helpful and they are running great deals right now.
    Good Luck
    Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 AM

Is that the one with embroidery?
    Old 07-11-2011, 07:48 AM
    Power Poster

For Pfaff owners who have the old and true German machines, the difference in the new machines is probably much more noticeable than new Pfaff owners who do not have a basis for comparison. Unless of course, the model happens to be a lemon. I have an older Pfaff and while she is persnickety in sucking the fabric down the feed dogs (I think most Pfaffs have that habit), she sews beautifully. The next one I bought - one of the newer models - drove me to drink.
    Old 07-11-2011, 09:06 AM

Yes, it has the embrodiery unit with it. It's wonderful. I've been learning lots of new things since Christmas on it. Well worth the investment, as I'm thinking this machine will outlast me. I'm new to quilting, but am enjoying all there is about it.
    Old 07-11-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW
    I have the 4.0. I have used it almost daily for over a year and I love it. it has never given me a bit of trouble.

I love the sensormatic feature for FMQ.
    I have the QE 4.0 also, bought it about six months ago. Knew in advance about the problems, and knew I'd need to take the classes since it has so many "bells and whistles". Was amazed how advanced this machine is after my 2038. Have made ten or more large quilts on it, and it sews like a dream. I know there are "lemons" out there, but I believe they are on earlier machines and the bugs have been worked out on the newer ones. I've owned several Pfaff's over the past 20 years and I'm still a fan (obviously). Again, my 4.0 has been a pleasure, but I would not be very happy with this machine without having taken the classes!!!
    Old 07-13-2011, 05:23 AM

Hmph, obviously I own one of the lemons. :(

I tinkered with the thread tension and it's better now - especially after adjusting the bobbin tension, which incidentally is another thing not mentioned in the manual. But it's still not perfect and I have to bring it back to the dealer. I will do so before my 2-weeks holidays.
    Old 07-15-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Thusnelda
    Hmph, obviously I own one of the lemons. :(

I tinkered with the thread tension and it's better now - especially after adjusting the bobbin tension, which incidentally is another thing not mentioned in the manual. But it's still not perfect and I have to bring it back to the dealer. I will do so before my 2-weeks holidays.
    I too owned a lemon (I was trying to upgrade the Elna Supra I still have). I kept getting the loops on the bottom when I was trying to sew seams. For 2 years it was in the shop every other week -- I gave it to Goodwill (I did not want anyone I knew to have it) and bought a Janome 6500, last year I gave the 6500 to DD and bought the 7700 -- both great machines.
    Old 07-15-2011, 02:24 PM

i have my 4th. new replacement creative vision and so far its working ok . lets keep our fingers crossed.
    Old 07-15-2011, 06:22 PM

When there are loops on the bottom, it's usually top thread, and very often is because it's not threaded properly. My Expression 4. is tricky because you can possibly put the thread over or under the tension disc. Worth checking out.
    Old 07-20-2011, 08:46 AM

I'm thrilled to be able to tell you I have sold my Pfaff QE4 and now I can order a Janome 6600 -- I cannot wait to get back to a Janome !!! Hurry up Friday !!!!