Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you like the climate/weather where you live? >

Do you like the climate/weather where you live?

Do you like the climate/weather where you live?

Old 08-21-2011, 03:44 PM

On the whole yes I do, is a little colder in winter than I realized it would be but by the same token it is cooler in summer so it all works out in the end.

Very happy where I live.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:45 PM

I live in New Orleans, LA and it is so hot here. The high humidity is what gets to us. Can't wait for the fall to come, prefer colder weather to hot weather.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:51 PM

I hear mid Tennessee is nice- maybe 6 weeks of true winter - which is at freezing and maybe some snow ??? My DH's cousin lives at Crossville and she loves it - a fun place to be year around.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:42 PM

Absolutely love it! Of all the places I've lived in my life, which includes the South Pacific, Colorado is wonderful. We have the seasons, our humidity is low so summers are great even in the 90s and while we may get dumped on with large amounts of snow the sun comes out and it is gone in two or three days. Almost no insects to contend with and having the mountains so close is a little bit of heaven. The people are friendly and down to earth; it is without a doubt the best place I've ever lived. We've been here 34 years and will never leave.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by BettyGee
Absolutely love it! Of all the places I've lived in my life, which includes the South Pacific, Colorado is wonderful. We have the seasons, our humidity is low so summers are great even in the 90s and while we may get dumped on with large amounts of snow the sun comes out and it is gone in two or three days. Almost no insects to contend with and having the mountains so close is a little bit of heaven. The people are friendly and down to earth; it is without a doubt the best place I've ever lived. We've been here 34 years and will never leave.
Sounds lovely!... Ya know, my maiden name is Gee...maybe we're related and I can come stay with you :)
Old 08-21-2011, 05:09 PM

I love Colorado weather, if you don't like it now, wait 15 minutes, it'll change! We have sunshine almost every day. When it snows it usually melts within a few days. I live in Colorado Springs so it doesn't get as hot as the southern part of the state and doesn't get as much snow as the western slope.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:40 PM

You might like the northern midwest (Ohio, southern Michigan, Illinois, Indiana). You get all four seasons, and while it does snow, you're not usually snowed in. Areas where it snows regularly know how to deal with the snow.

If you want to stay in California and like cooler weather, you could try the Anaheim/Yorba Linda area. It's not coastal, so it probably costs less. It's only half an hour from the coast, but it's very dry climate, close to desert but not quite. Temperature averages 72 degrees year round.

I live in the southeastern corner of Pennsylvania, and I love almost everything about it EXCEPT the climate. It's been in the 90s - 100s all summer and although it "cooled down" to the 80s, it's very humid and sticky. It can get humid in any season. Winters are cold but usually not colder than the freezing point, which means when it is cold enough for snow to fall, it'll warm up and melt or freeze overnight so you end up with ice. There's not enough snow for them to budget for it, so if it snows twice, they're over budget for clearing the roads. Mostly it's not snow but "wintry mix," which is a euphemism for wet, cold muck.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:06 PM

Hot and humid in Kentucky. I like it to be about 70 ish and a light breeze blowing with a hint of sunshine.....Wait, don't wake me yet.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 PM

I live in southern Ohio and I wish we had less hot days and more adverse winter weather. I love snow and I'm so jealous when other places have huge blizzards! I want snow on the ground from Dec. to March. It's depressing when we get lame little snow showers and the dead grass and mud show through...
Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 PM

We love the weather in far far west Texas (El Paso) mild winters and even though it is hot in the summer the evening cool off and is nice to be outdoors. Some wind and sand in the spring but other than that great weather.