Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I'm Going to Wash that Gray right Out of My Hair! -Maybe... >

I'm Going to Wash that Gray right Out of My Hair! -Maybe...

I'm Going to Wash that Gray right Out of My Hair! -Maybe...

Old 09-10-2011, 04:40 PM

Man don't you know a picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by My time
Man don't you know a picture is worth a thousand words.
Especially if it is photoshopped hahah
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 PM

ROFLOL Loved your story! Been there & done that so many times, I have even killed my own hair. It was so dry after trying 4-5 times to correct a color job gone bad, that it broke off 1-1 1/2 inch all over. In the dead of Winter no less. SO I went and had it trimmed ever few weeks and wore a tobogan with huge ear-rings. LOL Like that proved what? LOL So now in my mid-50's I hate my now natural white hair, so I have 2 shades of brown wove into it ever 6 weeks. After DS's wedding in Dec. I am thinking of working back to the natural white. We shall see. At least I have found hair products for colored hair that really help to make it healthy. I will stick with the Pureology brand hair stuff til they carry me to the morgue. I buy it off of Amazon to save a bit. Keep up with the stories as they are so comical and yet I can relate.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
ROFLOL Loved your story! Been there & done that so many times, I have even killed my own hair. It was so dry after trying 4-5 times to correct a color job gone bad, that it broke off 1-1 1/2 inch all over. In the dead of Winter no less. SO I went and had it trimmed ever few weeks and wore a tobogan with huge ear-rings. LOL Like that proved what? LOL So now in my mid-50's I hate my now natural white hair, so I have 2 shades of brown wove into it ever 6 weeks. After DS's wedding in Dec. I am thinking of working back to the natural white. We shall see. At least I have found hair products for colored hair that really help to make it healthy. I will stick with the Pureology brand hair stuff til they carry me to the morgue. I buy it off of Amazon to save a bit. Keep up with the stories as they are so comical and yet I can relate.

I was watching the show Shear Genius and the winner was talking about Bumble and Bumble shampoo and conditioner. I looked at it at Walgreens and it was like 30 bucks each for two small bottles. Eventually someone in the flea market started carrying it for 10 bucks each (cond and shampoo).. Best thing I ever put in my hair.. Makes my hair look normal.. Love the white hair though.. it must look great!!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:59 PM

Linda, Great story! I decided to find out what my gray would look like after 25 years of every hair color imaginable! I actually like it! And I really like not paying the salon any more!! I just snapped this photo with the computer...it's late and don't look too closely!! haha
Attached Thumbnails attachment-254672.jpe  
Old 09-11-2011, 05:06 AM

Anyone who doesn't think God has a sense of humor never watched my blonde hair turn reddish when wet, then dry to blonde. Fascinated my husband for years. My only explanation was that God couldn't make up his mind right up to the last moment.

I always thought with my pale skin, I would make a great redhead...after all, there is that wet redhead thing...but I am the world's biggest coward. After watching my natural blonde cousins turn green headed in swimming pools (so I stay out of them), I feared that if I once tried coloring my hair red, dire things would happen, and it would NEVER come out.

Yes, I make an adorable red head, lol. Bought the wig. Sorry, no photos.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:13 AM

Oh this is funny! Atleast you only spent $10 I let the pro's do it once spent $65 came out of the salon with a purple halo didn't see it in the salon lights.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lyncat
Linda, Great story! I decided to find out what my gray would look like after 25 years of every hair color imaginable! I actually like it! And I really like not paying the salon any more!! I just snapped this photo with the computer...it's late and don't look too closely!! haha
Lyn: If I looked like you with that great hair I would do it.

WOW!!
What a knockout..

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Oh this is funny! Atleast you only spent $10 I let the pro's do it once spent $65 came out of the salon with a purple halo didn't see it in the salon lights.
a purple halo??:)

Originally Posted by auniqueview
Anyone who doesn't think God has a sense of humor never watched my blonde hair turn reddish when wet, then dry to blonde. Fascinated my husband for years. My only explanation was that God couldn't make up his mind right up to the last moment.

I always thought with my pale skin, I would make a great redhead...after all, there is that wet redhead thing...but I am the world's biggest coward. After watching my natural blonde cousins turn green headed in swimming pools (so I stay out of them), I feared that if I once tried coloring my hair red, dire things would happen, and it would NEVER come out.

Yes, I make an adorable red head, lol. Bought the wig. Sorry, no photos.
No photos??? sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh