Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed in current sewing project >

Disappointed in current sewing project

Disappointed in current sewing project

Old 09-10-2011, 04:44 AM

Yes, I have felt this way and put it aside for a little while. I do like the red/fushia in the quilt. Makes the center show up more. Give yourself a break and have a cup of tea.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:48 AM

I personally think the way you have that layed out in the second photo is beautiful. I would do it like that and even bind it in the dark.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:51 AM

Looks like a disappearing nine patch or something like it? I made one out of all beiges and I hate it too. Maybe it's the pattern and not the fabric. At any rate, I like the first picture better. Why not finish it off and give it to a nursing home or hospital?
Old 09-10-2011, 04:52 AM

I have the same feelings as you many times. Many are saying put it aside, but being new to quilting, I think you should finish it. It is too easy to put things aside and not finish. You will be surprised how much you will like it once you add borders and quilt it. By the way I think it is lovely and I like the light.
Really, I bet you will love it too when it is finished.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:54 AM

The second one is really pretty. Somehow the darker color pulls it together. You're so close to finishing now, go for it. I'm sure you'll get some great compliments on it.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:55 AM

I like the first picture you posted the best...definitely worth finishing...great job!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:08 AM

The lighter makes it look bigger, i like that one better but both are very pretty. Go ahead and finish it and you may be surprised at how much you really like it. It is going to be beautiful
Old 09-10-2011, 05:09 AM

this really looks very good! maybe you've been looking at it too long. maybe its in the wrong room; sometimes the wall colors dont make your project pop - maybe look at it in another area of your home.
I keep the things I "love to hate" for a bit and if they still dont make me happy I pass them on to ant quilter who thinks theyc an make something out of them - one person's ufo is anothers masterpiece. sharet
Old 09-10-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by collydolly
I wondered if anyone else has ever been disappointed in a project they were working on? I'm fairly new to quilting and to the board (I read it every day!) I started a quilt with fabric that has been in my stash for awhile. I thought it was a no brainer because all the fabric came from one line and co-ordinates nicely. I have all the blocks made and spread it out on the floor and I don't like it at all! I thought it might be the color of the setting triangles around the outside edge so I went and bought new fabric for that and replaced them but I still don't like it. There's just something about it and I can't quite put my finger on it. Now I don't even want to finish sewing it together. I want to move on to my next quilt but feel guilty about wasting fabric and leaving it unfinished.
LOVE THE 2ND ONE
Old 09-10-2011, 05:18 AM

I quite like the first one. The second pink is too out of keeping with the colours in the quilt. What I think it needs is a 6" border around the entire quilt after it is framed by a darker peeper. Then I think you may see that the certain something that you don't like is that the quilt looks unfinished. All the best with it.