Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What would you make? >
  • What would you make?

• What would you make?

Old 09-29-2011, 02:15 PM

I have make tons of Christmas socks, some made for certain people, and as I see them each year, I am really proud of them. Made a whole bunch of stuff out of redskin foot ball material then had to change over to the titans-- quillows, chrismas socks. It is fun doing christmas stockings, just a plain little boot or high botten shoe, a shoe for a pirate man and lady. I just got my pen and paper out and started drawing different types. Table runners, place matts and figure something for the BBQ too. A fishing plack. Have fun
    Old 09-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Bed warmer, microwave pot holders (my husband loves the 2 I made), microwave heat packs, barbq aprons, scarves from polar fleece, toasty toes socks
    Old 09-29-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    do folks really use these? i got one in a swap but don't quite know what to do with it.

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
    why not the rice bags that you heat or freeze?
    I use them all the time, on my neck, shoulder and back, and lately, on my ankle, which apparently felt neglected, lol. And I just made three and sent them to a friend who is going to physical therapy several times a week for an injury. She said she really likes them, and a friend of hers asked where she got them, ......and could she order them, lol.

They do make nice gifts, especially if you make them out of muslin (I use a double layer) and make a nice removable cover, sham style, that can be removed and washed when/if necessary. I put lavender in with the rice, as long as I know the recipient isn't allergic.
    Old 09-29-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
    why not the rice bags that you heat or freeze?
    I used to have 4 of these. I was on warfarin because of blood clots several years ago and I was telling my tech who checked my blood about the rice bags. The next week I brought her one to have. It was trimmed in lace and girly, but well received. Something that a person knows where they keep it because it works so well. I have one under my kitchen counter and one in my bedside table. It's always a welcome 'relief'.
    Old 09-29-2011, 02:57 PM

Rice bags are unisex and you can be very creative. Also a set, one for hot, one for cold would be cool!
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:01 PM

Just thought of another one. How about a mason jar filled with dry ingredients to make brownies or cookies and then include a potholder; or an egg turner with a potholder. I'm thinking my gift list now. LOL
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 PM

I have made a lot of hot cup sleeves -- there's tons of patterns out there. Why not one or two or those and a Tim Horton's gift card to make up the difference? Maybe include a couple of quilted book marks and a juicy paperback novel?
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by clynns
    Just thought of another one. How about a mason jar filled with dry ingredients to make brownies or cookies and then include a potholder; or an egg turner with a potholder. I'm thinking my gift list now. LOL
    Good one ... last year, I did 24 cookie jars for a cookie monster friend .... and then gradually made them for them over the year. Well, they only lasted til June! :)
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:06 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by meemersmom
    I have made a lot of hot cup sleeves -- there's tons of patterns out there. Why not one or two or those and a Tim Horton's gift card to make up the difference? Maybe include a couple of quilted book marks and a juicy paperback novel?
    By chance to you have a link to one of those patterns?
    I might not use it for this gift ... though would be a great combo with mug rugs.

And for myself ... always feel like my fingers are getting scorched on the Starbucks cups! :)
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Originally Posted by meemersmom
    By chance to you have a link to one of those patterns?
    I might not use it for this gift ... though would be a great combo with mug rugs.

And for myself ... always feel like my fingers are getting scorched on the Starbucks cups! :)
    Let me take a look. I will send if I find.