Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you grow where you were planted? >

Did you grow where you were planted?

Did you grow where you were planted?

Old 10-23-2011, 05:32 AM

I was born in Oregon and I live in Oregon. The only time I have lived outside the state is when my husband went to school in Tacoma, WA. I love Oregon and I will die here.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:40 AM

I would have to say no. I left home at 16 and pretty much never looked back. I lived in and around my home town until I was 22 and then we moved to the next state over. I'm three hours from my home town and there are times when that isn't far enough.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:49 AM

I grew up in a small town, went to college across the US, met my husband and we moved halfway around the world to a large city and his home when our son was six. Son is now 31 and we are still living in Hong Kong 24 years later.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:59 AM

Born and raised in Oklahoma. Just hearing our state song brings tears to my eyes. LOL XH was in the army, so we moved a lot. Have been with present DH since 1985. Have been in my home for 23, almost 24 years. Not going anywhere except for that final trip. Big smile.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:01 AM

Grew up in Washington state and came back to Indiana for college. I've been stuck in the Midwest ever since. I do miss the mountains but my children are mostly here so this is where my heart is fifty years later.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:31 AM

Born and raised in a large city.......moved during WW2 to another big city across the country and returned to the first at the end of the war.....

Moved to a 2 mile long boro along the Atlantic Coast during high school and married my hubby and moved to another 2 mile long boro........

and wouldn't go back to any city again.......

to visit, yes....to live, no.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie
Always curious as to why people live where they live. Grew up in a large city. Dated a fellow who lived in the town I now reside in many, many years ago and I can remember driving through this little town and saying to him, "I just can't imagine living in a little town like this." As fate would have it, the next two people I dated, also, came from this little town! Married one of them and have been here ever since. Now I can't imagine living in a big city!
I lived in Fairborn, OH for many years and always liked New Carlisle. Yes, I can imagine living there. Even 50 years ago I tho't Dayton was too big. I can't imagine living there now.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:37 AM

Born in Denver, raised in KS, married my school best friend, he joined the Army, lived all over the world, settled in Tx to be half way to parents in MS and KS. After DH passed away, moved back to KS to be with my aging mother, moved her to TX and here I am. As the saying goes, "wasn't born here, but got her as fast as I could."
My children (3) moved to TX also and we all live within 3 miles of each other. I love the closeness, grew up in a duplex, aunt and uncle on one side, us on the other and grand parents next door.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:42 AM

I grew up a half mile down the road, and have been here 30 years, so this has always been my outlook, grow where you are planted.
Years ago, a bird or something dropped a sunflower seed in the worst spot for a sunflower, by the back door. I let it grow, because it was 'growing where it was planted'
Attached Thumbnails attachment-275780.jpe  
Old 10-23-2011, 06:43 AM

I grew up on a farm in southern Minnesota - after graduation I moved to a big city to work - and commenced to go where life took me - to different states, different jobs, and retired; then moved to a farm in Missouri - talk about doing a 360*, huh? Have always loved the farm - so here I am to stay!