Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why? >

Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why?

Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why?

Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
My sewing areas are downright scary looking !!! I have very little room so I have to spread out in multiple rooms.

Suzy
I'm with you...who wants to see my clutter??? No one. As long as I know where everything is and I can work in my small space....it's fine with me! It drives my DH crazy,,,but that is his problem. I do tend to spread out...cut out on the dining room table and then sew, iron, and piece upstairs in a small bedroom (8 x 11feet). It sure keeps me hopping---every time that I need to press a seam...have to go to the next room. But I am thinking that is a good way to get exercise...or wear out my knees.. Slowly I will clean out the clutter and become organized.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
My sewing room/office is nothing to show off. I bought a kitchen counter and a file counter with big wide bottom drawer to sit on one end and hubby but rail on other end to mount it. I have plenty of sewing room, but need more storage. My "stash" is in a tote under the counter. My books are in the closet and along the counter, held up with serger usually.

I'm happy we got a great deal on stuff, but I think we could adjust it more, where my sewing machine is flush with the counter. There is a woman on here whon had that done. I use the extension table made from foam that I also saw on this board. It is too far forward so I get a sore back.

The thing I wish I had is room for a big ironing board.
Maybe your dh can make you one. there is a free pattern on the web, my dear hubby made me one and it probably my favorite thing in my room. Cost was about $30 two yrs ago. Here is the link to what he used..
http://www.quiltcampus.net/Library/P...ningBoard.html

Oh BTW, your sewing room sounds really great.

Last edited by deedum; 02-19-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 PM

I must say mine is a total mess right now, a lot of diffrent projects going on,and sergers, sewing machines and everything else all over the place. I think it is a privacy thing for me not posting but I really should get over it. I sure enjoy seeing everyone else's room!
Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 PM

I figured, why bother. I have a tiny corner of a bedroom with a closet stuffed full of my small stash and sewing supplies. I don't think anyone would want to see what a horrible little space I have to sew in. I can hardly sew for getting in my own way. I keep running into myself. LOL
Old 02-19-2012, 11:04 PM

You've seen the sublime - now see the ridiculous! This is my sewing room - which is our dining room. I sandwich and do some trimming on a tall double bed in a spare bedroom. Otherwise everything else goes on in here. It's "as is" from the middle of at least 5 projects. The china cabinet has china stuffed on the top shelf so I could put fabric on the bottom shelf. There's a crate with baggied projects waiting for my time and attention. THere are plastic tubs piled with other yardage and miscellany. The table gets tidied up pretty regularly, but ... it's pre-tidy right now. This is just as I walked from the computer to the sewing room and snapped a shot.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02089.jpg   dsc02090.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 02:08 AM

Well....I have some pictures from a few years ago. I posted them on FB when my sewing room was very clean. When my best friend of 30 years saw them she said she would be right over with a straight jacket because I was obviously loosing my mind. She is accustomed to fabric stacks that are WIPs, no covers on sewing machines, threads hanging out of the waste basket, etc...

I was going to post them but for some reason my computer won't let me access photobucket.

I don't look at a lot of sewing room pictures because people have so much stuff hanging on the walls it really bothers my claustrophobia. I need a category of pictures without things on the wall!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM

I'm not sure you would actually want to see my sewing room pics. I think that you would wonder where the sewing part is, except for my collection of vintage "girls". the rest you would see is piles and stacks of fabric, probably alittle bit (or a lot) of dust bunnies (mine are killer dust bunnies that keep for protection). Definetly you would see disorganization, and chaos. Maybe even say--what a mess!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:04 PM

Because mine is in an ugly basement. Blessed are those who have a regular sewing room with windows!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:49 PM

I have tried to put together a slide show of my nearly-completed quilt space. Don't know what I'm not doing right, but posting has not worked for me.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:43 AM

not interested.