Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I did not realize that I was following a dress code >

I did not realize that I was following a dress code

I did not realize that I was following a dress code

Old 06-10-2013, 06:33 PM

Gloria Vanderbilt jeans are the one brand I always wear - her jeans are cut to fit a woman's body - not a tiny teenager's. I just bought a pair in summer white to go with a red/white checkered chiffon blouse and red sandals. Perfect for a day in the Hamptons! On those occasions that call for dress jeans and a nice shirt and blazer, I go for the lovely colors the GV jeans are available in. They just fit really well and look good on and have become my 'go to' casual choice. You can still look put together in a more casual mode of dress for a decent price as the GV jeans are available at Kohls and I just got a 30% off coupon!!
Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt View Post
Just about every pair of pants I own is Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. I have different colors like tan and grey but all made like jeans. Just bout everyone I see is in jeans.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Comfort trumps fashion for me. I can't even remember the last time I wore high heels.
Same for me.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
Google "people of WalMart"..... and look at the photos.
Yikes! At least the way I dress does not qualify for those pics - way too tame! And no unpleasant views - LOL!

I remember seeing a young woman a while back, not at Walmart tho, wearing a white thin skirt and underwear that had seen better days. I really don't know if she was aware of how she looked in bright sunlight. She may not have a full length mirror at home.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:57 PM

I second what Jan in Va said
Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 PM

Jeans and tees for spring and summer with sweatshirts, sweaters, turtleneck tees for winter -- some fancier than others depending if I am going somewhere special. I also have some fleeces(I believe in being warm) I alway try to wear a bright splash of color. I have some nice slacks that work for dressy occasions. I have flats, easy spirit sneaker-type clogs that I wear almost all year (I have boots for snow). I do have some skirts for when we cruise, but I have to figure out if they are worth the closet space.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:46 AM

I'm with most of y'all on the dress code thing. Comfort is #1!

Even when I play dress up on weekends at the Faire I stick to comfortable costuming.

Interesting how differently i dress for each shoppe. For the candle shoppe I like my Juliet dress best and am going to get another in October. For Penny's shoppe I wear more of a gypsy look with a peasant blouse and tiered skirt. For the stained glass shoppe, since there is climbing on ladders to hang glass, I have a variety of tunic type blouses that I wear with what I call harem pants - not the floaty kind, just colorful loose pants made of crinkle cotton that tie at the ankle. Anyway you will not see me in high heeled boots or a corset! I have very comfy celtic slippers (leather flats) that I wear even when I'm not at Faire.

So for those of you who wish you got a chance to dress up, check out the Renaissance Festivals. Patrons are encouraged to join in playing dress up along with us participants.

When I'm not at Faire I dress just like the rest of you - jeans or capris and a t-shirt. Do have lots of business casual clothes left from my years at my "regular job". Just not much occasion to wear them. Don't want to ruin them with wax or oils when I'm helping in production, even though I'm not the one pouring.