Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many UFO's do you have??? >

How Many UFO's do you have???

How Many UFO's do you have???

Old 02-18-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by GailG
To answer this question, I would have to begin pulling boxes out of the closet, opening drawers, and opening bins to count them all. Does the fabric bought for a specific project count as a UFO/WIP?? Right now, my dilemma is: I've finally finished the hand quilting on a quilt I began last March. Now I can't find the fabric I plan to use for the binding. I saw it two weeks ago when I tried to organize the sewing room (a little). I remember thinking to myself that "I'd better put it here so I can find it when I need it." HA!
Oh, I understand, I spend half my time looking for things, and then of course wind up finding things I long ago gave up on!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 PM

I get tired of working just on one thing. I usually have a quilt in the hoop frame, one or two almost finished and several more that I need lots of time to piece so they are in clear shoeboxes that I take out in the evening to do as I watch tv with DH. somtimes I even have a crocheted project going. That way I don't get boerd.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jacqué
Originally Posted by GailG
To answer this question, I would have to begin pulling boxes out of the closet, opening drawers, and opening bins to count them all. Does the fabric bought for a specific project count as a UFO/WIP?? Right now, my dilemma is: I've finally finished the hand quilting on a quilt I began last March. Now I can't find the fabric I plan to use for the binding. I saw it two weeks ago when I tried to organize the sewing room (a little). I remember thinking to myself that "I'd better put it here so I can find it when I need it." HA!
Oh, I understand, I spend half my time looking for things, and then of course wind up finding things I long ago gave up on!
Whoopee! I found it. I had opened that drawer a half dozen times since yesterday. This last time, I moved the top piece of fabric and voila, there it was! tomorrow, I cut my binding. Or -- tonight after the Olympics.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 AM

welllllllllllll, uh, alright way, way too many. i do work on them though. topper
Old 02-19-2010, 05:50 AM

Rachel you are not alone. I have small plastic boxes with projects in them that I have cut out, ready to do when the mood hits me. I work on more than one project at a time. I usually have one in the quilt frames, one that I'm embroidering, one that I can take to work and work on when work is slow. I think this disease has a name but I don't know what it is. HA
Old 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM

Too many to count and all in small plastic boxes - (some with several UFO's in each but been working on some each day - some day when I retire and have cabin fever I will finish all of them -- if not----my daughter will have to figure that one out....ha ha.... Its sometimes fun to have a change of pace - like looking for the fabric that goes with your UFO - binding or you did not cut enough strips - especially for log cabins.....
Old 02-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

I don't have any. I finish one before starting another. Not enough room to store UFOs. As I am finishing one quilt I start planning another, and look forward to starting another, my reward for finishing.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:21 PM

My favorite part of quilting is the creating part so I have a lot of UFOs around. Every so often, I take a moment to finish something but not so often that I don't accumulate a lot more UFOs! To heck with the fabric, I say the woman who does with the most UFOs wins! :thumbup: :-P :lol:
Old 02-19-2010, 01:38 PM

Is is a UFO if you haven't cut the fabric? I have tons of patterns and fabric, just not together. I have 5 WIP, 2 binding and 3 need quilted and binding. I've just finished the 2 of the tops and one has been waiting for a couple of year to be quilted. I keep changing my mind about how I want to quilt it.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:49 PM

3 and 2 quilts cut out just today