Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many UFO's do you have??? >

How Many UFO's do you have???

How Many UFO's do you have???

Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 PM

I paint as well as sew. That's makes twice as many WIPs but I can divide the pile into two different craft categories so technically I think that halves the number.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel
A friend (non-quilter) makes fun of me and completely doesn't understand why anyone would start a project and not finish it. (I'm not an over achiever like her. tee hee). Anyway, I have 3 projects in progress and 6 aging UFO's and 1 project that I have all the fabric for, but haven't started yet.

how about you??? please tell me I'm not alone. :cry:
See the quilt in my avatar - it was a ufo forever almost. I started shortly after we got married and didn't get it finished until our 38th wedding anniversary and I vowed "no more ufo's" and I try hard not to let them happen although at the moment I do have 2 and am starting this new quilt for my friend but by the end of July at the latest, all 3 of these projects will be completed as I won't start anything else until they are. The first one took so long because I had a lot of learning to do about quilting and then I tore it all apart and turned it into the quilt in the photo which is for show only. I won't allow it to be used other than for show when company or a quilting friend comes over. It's one of 3 quilts I've kept. All of the others have been given away to my husband's dismay.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 PM

8, but 3 are closer to being finished because i'm rotating working on them to finish them before the end of Feb.

Goal is to get them ALL done this year and not create any new ones. If I start a project I need to finish it.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:02 PM

Hi, I like to work on several at a time so I dont get tired of the same thing. Peewee from Pa.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:03 PM

Lets not go there. Too many
Old 02-18-2010, 04:32 PM

My UFO's are in a box - just found after many years. I have 3 UFO's, but countless patterns with fabric bags of projects to do! They fill a huge tub - do they count?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:34 PM

I call mine PIP's......projects in progress..............
and I lost count...............I just have to try something new.......and have to put those PIP's aside for awhile!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:36 PM

No, I have way more than that, 6 at this time, seems I am always starting something new. I have made a promise to myself that I will finished all my projects before I start another one, so far I am working on #1, its on the quilting frame and 2/3 done, should finished tonight, then comes the binding. I will not start another til this one is completely done, plus the other five.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Do I hafta count all of them???? (whine)
Old 02-18-2010, 05:27 PM

To answer this question, I would have to begin pulling boxes out of the closet, opening drawers, and opening bins to count them all. Does the fabric bought for a specific project count as a UFO/WIP?? Right now, my dilemma is: I've finally finished the hand quilting on a quilt I began last March. Now I can't find the fabric I plan to use for the binding. I saw it two weeks ago when I tried to organize the sewing room (a little). I remember thinking to myself that "I'd better put it here so I can find it when I need it." HA!