Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What breed of doggie is this? >

What breed of doggie is this?

What breed of doggie is this?

Old 03-18-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Looks a bit like a Bichon Frise' to me.
I agree, my sister has one.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:18 AM

I saw a young puppy like this just the other day! It was more tan coloured than yours. I asked the owner what it was and they said it was a bichon/poodle mix. It was only 6 months old and it was on the bigger size. Sounds like your dog to me, IMHO
Old 03-18-2010, 09:10 AM

Please, please, please update us on this pup...if he isn't with you, then LIE to us and tell us he was adopted by someone else! I couldn't stand to read that he ran out of time.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
Please, please, please update us on this pup...if he isn't with you, then LIE to us and tell us he was adopted by someone else! I couldn't stand to read that he ran out of time.
Yes...... add my please,please,please to that, too.
Just want to know he is well and happy.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:39 AM

That's what I was thinking. This is funny because last night I dreamed I got a little dog that looked just like this (I'm a cat person so that made it even stranger). In my dream I was telling everyone it was a poodle but my first thought when I woke up was "that wasn't a poodle" and I was thinking maybe
Bichon. Anyway, hope you get my "dream puppy" love him for
me. Laci I thought I included the quote with this. I am referring to the person who thought maybe Bichon Frisese (or however it is spelled.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:56 AM

i have shee-poos that dog looks to be the same sitzu face poodle haire they donnot shed but need to be trimed regularly verry lovable and varry trainable
Old 03-29-2010, 02:37 PM

Ok after many requests on what happend (Thank you all who inquired)... the doggie was adopted out the same day I called to pull him. A good thing, he found a home with children so I think it will be ok. The shelter is so poor they do not have anyone there. You call/email to say your interested. A volunteer calls you to set up a visit where they meet you and show you the animals. I have taken many a cat/kitten/prego in my days from there and will continue to watch. This one little dog however said TAKE ME. (pouting). I am still keeping my eyes open. I have however taken in a kitty. Check for the posting!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:49 PM

Thanks for letting us know he has a home. Good thing there is always another one who also needs a home.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:06 PM

Who cares what breed he is? All you need to know is that he needs a "forever home" Over the 40 years of our marriage we have been blessed to have 11 dogs share our lives. All lived to at least 13 yrs old. And all were "rescue dogs" Currently we have two "senior citizens" ( 10 and 12) and 2 "toddlers' three years each. I truley cannot imagine a life with out a dog in it.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
Ok after many requests on what happend (Thank you all who inquired)... the doggie was adopted out the same day I called to pull him. A good thing, he found a home with children so I think it will be ok. The shelter is so poor they do not have anyone there. You call/email to say your interested. A volunteer calls you to set up a visit where they meet you and show you the animals. I have taken many a cat/kitten/prego in my days from there and will continue to watch. This one little dog however said TAKE ME. (pouting). I am still keeping my eyes open. I have however taken in a kitty. Check for the posting!
I have such great respect for people who "foster" a dog until they find a forever hime. I couldn't do it . I would fall in love with them all and not be able to let them go.