Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!! >

Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!!

Can't sew in my Sewing room!!!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
I moved to MI 3 weeks ago, and this weekend I am putting my sewing room together. I have NO idea how I am going to fit everything in there.Does anyone have pics so I can get ideas
This sight has some fabulous sewing room pics in the pictures catagory. Hope you see some that give you ideas.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:48 PM

I know what you mean. My husband could not wait for me to come home from work to moved my office furniture into my sew room it took me weeks to get organize. I am still looking for things. We had stuff in our bed room and living room. I could not say any thing because he had worked so hard and wanted to surprise. Hang in there it will get better.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:52 PM

AMEN!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by pstoner
So with the tornado, the drawers were emptied onto the floor and they had to put things back away correctly.
Ha Ha! My Daughter would step over the drawer contents for weeks if I did not stand over her!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:53 PM

That's the way cleaning is supposed to be, first a little mess, then a bigger mess and finally, the BIG mess! If you are lucky, you will find a path to the machine sooner or later. My husband always has a remark to make about my room--I tell him it is my room, there is nothing in there that is his, it is a separate room in the basement and if he doesn't like it, stay out> I don't complain about his garage but i do get tired of his collection of cardboard boxes (he saves them all) and tools never seem to find their way back in the toolbox, not even the ones tht are mine. So on nice days when he isn't around, the boxes go in recycle, tools are cleaned and put in place. Then I go back to my room and commence to sew. I have tv and nice chair, phone, large sunny windows and access to refrigerator so I have been known to stay down there all day.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:07 PM

no1jan-Try Hydrogen Peroxide on those spots. It has worked for me, especially for pet spots that seem to have been cleaned away and then just "pop" back up again. Just pour on and leave overnight. Hope it works for you. As for the cleaning up part---sore subject for most of us. It seems there is no way to keep everything straight, especially if you have several projects going at once. I just try to take time AFTER I complete one project to clean up and start another project. It doesn't always happen that way though. Make it fun.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Google Goddess

How is your cleaning out your sewing room coming along?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:01 PM

sounds like a nice place
Old 04-24-2010, 06:30 PM

Just moved to Flint. Didnt get anything done today, maybe tommrow.I think it is suppose to rain, so I will be in the house, the sewing room is my #1 thing on the to do list, at least a dent, I hope, at least thats the goal.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the web site, lots of really cute ideas!