Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What famous quilters have you seen or met in person? >

What famous quilters have you seen or met in person?

What famous quilters have you seen or met in person?

Old 06-20-2010, 07:46 PM

I recently went to a paid event with Sue Hausmann sponsored by Eddie's Quilting Bee in Sunnyvale, CA My friend and I registered over a year in advance so as to have front row seats and hear her speak. Her presentation, if it could be called that, was so disappointing. She spent the entire time promoting products. We were all given bags at the beginning to use for shopping. Whenever Sue mentioned a product, the store owner ran up and down the aisle handing them to the audience members who raised their hands that they wanted to buy them. Seldom was price mentioned. It was a huge infomercial. I will not attend anything again by her or at that store.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:47 PM

I recently went to a paid event with Sue Hausmann sponsored by Eddie's Quilting Bee in Sunnyvale, CA My friend and I registered over a year in advance so as to have front row seats and hear her speak. Her presentation, if it could be called that, was so disappointing. She spent the entire time promoting products. We were all given bags at the beginning to use for shopping. Whenever Sue mentioned a product, the store owner ran up and down the aisle handing them to the audience members who raised their hands that they wanted to buy them. Seldom was price mentioned. It was a huge infomercial. I will not attend anything again by her or at that store.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 PM

I met Eleanor Burns at her store in San Marcos, CA a few weeks ago, in late May. They were having a sale...$4 and $5 per yard. When I went up to have my stuff cut, she came up behind me, and I said "Well, look whos here!" She said, "This is where I work". Sounds pretty corny, but it's true.

Sue
Old 06-21-2010, 03:08 AM

I live in the same county as Carol Armstrong and we belong to the same Quilt Guild.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:18 AM

I met Fons and Porter when they came to Florida to speak at a quilt convention. They talked about how they got started with their show on TV. I also got them to sign one of their books I brought with me.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:07 AM

I met Mckenna Ryan when she was in Melbourne doing a workshop in November. We had a lovely few hours where she showed us her work and demonstrated how she appliques her work. She has now been inspired to make an Australian themed christmas wall hanger. It is just beautiful and it is called " Chrissy down under ". Mckenna also signed one of my blocks. Such a lovely person.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:10 AM

I just took a class from Judy Hasheider great teacher!!!
www.quiltwithjudy.com
Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 AM

I've too have taken a class with Judy Hashieder - great time, loved the pattern - actually finished it!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:39 PM

Over the years I have taken classes with most of the ones mentioned in previous posts but please add David Walker, Karen Combs, Margret Mitchell, Charlotte Warr Anderson to the list. Moosegirl
Old 06-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by craftybear
What famous quilters have you seen or met in person? Did you get any of your books autographed signed from them?
Alex Anderson, Ricky Timms, Eleanor Burns, Nancy Mahoney, Jane Hardy Miller (French Braid Quilts,) Gyleen Fitzgerald. Took workshops and/or classes from four of them. Got autographed books from Alex Anderson, Ricky Timms, Nancy Mahoney, and Jane Hardy Miller.