Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husquavarna Sewing machines >

Husquavarna Sewing machines

Husquavarna Sewing machines

Old 06-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned

i have a new 835, i like it alot but the guilt of the price i spent on it eats me up. i wish I bought the 875 i hate not having a thread cutter. But i can survive.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:13 PM

Have fun with your Viking,I know your gonna love it.

And a BIG welcome from the state of Ohio
Patti
Old 06-30-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIES2
Hello I bough a saphire 870 18 months ago and have just gone through a very annoying time with Husquavarna, my machine would only sew backwards, I took it back to the dealer at the beginning of May, many phone calls, a rant on this board and I at last got a brand new 875 off them. Hope you manage to resolve your problem quicker than me.
My Mom jsut had the same issue , the machine would only sew backwards. It took MONTHS for her to get it back.
She called the Corp. Office got the repair refunded and they gave her a gift certificate. Seems they had some issues because they relocated the US offices.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:04 PM

It's interesting that machines are all different, so much so that sometimes you'd think they had individual personalities!
I say this because I use Gutermann thread most of the time on my Designer SELE and I used it on my Sapphire 850 when I had it. My machine seems to be pretty good with thread and only gave me grief when I tried using metalic thread. Too bad.
I had a Sapphire 850 as my first machine after not sewing for years and loved it. Never had any problems. Unfortunately, I got spoiled for the newer machines and traded her in for the Designer SELE which I love too.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:50 PM

I had an old viking (25 years old) and then bought the sapphire 830. I love, love, love it! Never had problems with the bobbin. Did have problems with winding thread on it once. Not sure why.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:09 PM

Hi,
I had the Sapphire 830 and it just didn't perform as I thought it should for the money. I was encouraged to upgrade and did to the 870. What a difference. I have no problems winding bobbins and it sews like a charm. The greatest feature for me is using a walking foot. I thought it was expensive, over $100 , but it was s-o-oo-o--o-o worth it. I was told not to use Coats and Clarkes thread soI purchased Sulky, Gutterman and Modera. It is real important to try to have the same thread in the top and the bottom also, unless you are using invisible and metallics on the top and regular in the bottom. I also find that the thread flows better when I place the spools horizontally, rather than vertically. Enjoy!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:14 PM

In the late 70's I bought a Singer, sewed a lot and then in the late 80's I was having a problem with it. I took it in and the guy told me I wore it out, seems it was all plastic inside. So I asked him if he had anything that was still metal and ended up with what I use now, it says Husqvarna Viking 630 Made in Sweden. I didn't want anything with plastic in it and I didn't want anything with a computer in it, I just wanted to sew. It goes for cleaning every few years, haven't really had any problems with it.
I'm kind of yearning for a machine that does that stitch that resembles hand sewing on an applique, we'll see.
15 yrs ago Joann's had a bunch of cone thread 3/$1. I bought a bunch and still use it. I'm sure there's better quality stuff out there, but I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it
Old 06-30-2010, 06:40 PM

JanRN,
When you're doing FMQ are you using a quilting needle?
It really helps as it has a bigger eye.
Sharon W.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:48 PM

Take the classes you will be glad you did. I have a Designer 1 and love it.[/quote]

I sell these wonderful machines and I highly recommend that you take the owner's classes, you learn things not mentioned in the manual.
Sharon W.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:50 PM

I have the 870 and I have never been able to get my needle threader to work. The manual says it only works with certain needle sizes. I don't know. Anybody else have this problem. Other than that I love it.