Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I dreamed of my mother last night. >

I dreamed of my mother last night.

I dreamed of my mother last night.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Banned

I have always had dreams that were very vived and was either happening at that moment or would happen. wright now I think my dad has been playing practical jokes on me. every night when I go to turn on the lamp, my light bulb is un screwed, this has been happening for over three months now. I have been very deppresed. the other thing is when I am getting sick, my bed room heat goes on. we have never heated our bed room. so call me whakko to, but I think my dear dad pays me visits too. God bless. Penny
Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
This is going to sound a little "out there" but here goes.
I have only a few hazy snippets of memories of my mother. She died when I was little and I've never stopped missing her.
One of my older brothers just wrote a story about our family about when she was still alive.
I loved it. Through his memories of her it made me feel closer to her somehow.
So last night I'm sleeping and in my dream someone brushes my hair aside and kisses my forehead. Somehow I knew it was her.
In my dream she wasn't dead. But I was busy working and never was in the same place as her so never got to see her. (In reality that's what happened back in 1955. She was always in the hospital and, being little, I never got to go see her before she died. Kids couldn't visit back then.)
Later in the dream someone said Mom was leaving to go visit her mother and that made me laugh since I'm 60 and my grandmother would be over 100 and has been long dead too.

Anyway I said I needed to see her before she left and there she was. I haven't seen my mother since I was 4yrs old so I have no idea how she would look. But she looked like an older version of me and I just knew it was her. She smiled at me and kissed and hugged me. I felt just like the little girl I used to be. I started crying so hard that it woke me up.
This was a very vivid dream. In fact it didn't feel like a dream at all.
I know it sounds silly but I want to let myself believe that this was a visit .
So I will.
Has anyone else here ever had this happen to them?
NO, but would like to, I was 3 1/2 and she was 27, I used to call ambulances Mummy's bus; Iremember so little about her and wasn't even told she was dead, as children then[1948] were sheilded too much; I did have a good childhood but not quite normal -------you are lucky to have had this -believe in it.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:43 PM

I really appreciate all the similar stories that have been posted. I've enjoyed reading them and knowing we've shared a special connection with a loved one.
I wish I could rewind and experience my dream again and again. I've gotten so spoiled with my DVR that I want to do that to everything...lol.

I've since remembered another experience involving my mother. This wasn't a dream, it really happened.
For years I had a lamp sitting on a table next to the easy chair that I always sat in.
It was a "touch" lamp, meaning I only had to touch a metal part of the lamp and it would turn on or off.
It NEVER went on or off by itself in all the years I had it.
On the evening one of my daughters called and said "Mom you're going to be a grandmother" the lamp went off. I mean at the same second I heard the words.
My hands were a good 2 feet away from it so I didnt' accidentally touch it.
I thought "isn't that odd to blow a light bulb out at that moment?"
I touched the lamp to check if the bulb was really burned out, but it came right back on. And that lightbulb burned for months afterwards.
The wonderful thing is it's happened 6 times and with different bulbs! Everytime I was told I was going to be a grandmother, the lamp went out.
Nobody will ever convince me that my mother wasn't eavesdropping and letting me know she was happy for me.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:23 PM

My Mother passed away 4-3-2010 at the age of 91 yrs. I was there with her the last 6 months after she broke her hip, and then passed away very peacefully. I think she has come to visit me. I bought my kitten a toy on a stick with a ball that lights up when its moved. Red and green lights. It sits on his scratching box. Well it started lighting up at different times of the day and night all by itself. No air movement, people moving or kitten around. My grandson and my husband have seen it too. When I asked if it is you Mom, light the light and it goes on. Then off. I ask again it goes on. Then off. I was hoping to dream of her, but it hasn't happened yet. Her birthday is July 9th. She would have been 92. I was lucky to have her for 67 yrs. of my life. I love and miss her dearly. Nancy O.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:12 PM

My Dad died in 1993 at 61. He lived in California and I was in South Carolina, he'd never been to my house in life. He used to visit me regularly, I'd smell Old Spice colgne and the back door would open & close all by itself. He did this for about 3 months. He used to play ball with my dog,Max, the tennis ball would roll down the hall all by
itself and Max would bring it back and it would roll again. My kids were 5 and 13, they told me later on that he used to tuck them in and give them a kiss. I really miss my parents both of them died too young.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 PM

I always thought I was crazy or seeing something that was not true as I just wanted it to be true so bad. Maybe I do see things...

just recently I was thinking of my brother as I was hanging clothes on the line- he was supposed to install the garage door openers on my garage and he didn't get to it. We paid someone to do it. I was thinking about how long ago that was and how much I really like having them. All of a sudden the door starts going up and down, by itself. Multiple times. I'm thinking- something with the heat, it's too warm and something is tripping. I go in- hit the button to close it, it starts and stops. I hit it again, same thing. Then it starts going up and down part way- about 4 times. I hit the button one more time and I say to myself- Leonard, what are you doing to me? It went closed and stayed closed. I go in the house and I said to my son- where you doing something? He says no and the door opens again. He goes out and it does it again. After about 3 tries it finally stayed closed.

I also pick up pennies- I always say he's watching for me. Now my son picks them up too.

Oh- last- my son was in a terrible accident. He walked from it. The drs. and troopers were absolutely amazed. I kept telling him he had a passenger- my dds said the same thing- we swear my brother was there to protect him as he came within 4 inches of being killed. I know Lenny was there for him.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:26 PM

I see my Aunts who have gone on their journey home around the house. We have an old Native American woman who lives here too. She came by to visit one day at our old house, when we moved I asked her to join us, she showed up a week later. We also have a spirit cat and a large rambunctious spirit lab puppy that hangs around too.
I know my Aunt Joe visits often, I smell cigarette smoke in the house while she is here. Aunt Georgie leaves smiley faces everywhere, which is funny cause she hated them when she was alive. My Grampa wanders in now and again, I can smell his cigars. I don't remember him he left us when I was 6 weeks old. He was in the hospital the same time I was. Mom says I was in an oxygen tent at 6 weeks of age because I was having issues which later turned out to be asthma.
My Aunt Georgie comes to me in my dreams when I am having problems. She helps me keep a straight mind about things.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

Yes there is life after death and they do come to visit us mostly in our dreams but sometimes in our awake hours too. If you get a funny feeling like someone is walking past you or sitting with you, acknowledge them and say hello. They are here with us.