Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can you stand your own picture? >

Can you stand your own picture?

Can you stand your own picture?

Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Power Poster

I have a theory about why we often don't like our own pics. My face isn't symmetrical, so when I see me in the mirror, that is what I am used to. When I see me in a pic, it's the opposite way round, and to me, I look very lopsided. I would like to be able to turn my own pics around so that I see the same image as in the mirror.

Of course, all that discounts the double chin and grey hair!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:54 AM

I hate my pictures too. My DIL posted soem Mothers Day on face book fr her family to see, I had no Idea she was going to do that.... I am at my heaviest ever too...
Old 07-09-2010, 02:59 AM

I work in a Christian Book Store and we have a book called Self Talk Soul Talk that is all about the negative conversations that women constantly have going on inside their heads and how it effects our lives. Sounds like we all have some of that going on. I dont have many pics of myself either. I cant imagine I really look like that girl in the pic. I like to pull out the ones in my twenties, that girl looks waaaaayyy better!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:29 AM

Its funny but when I look back at photos of myself from 20 years or so ago I think, why ever did I think I was ugly? (not that I'm a beauty to look at, just average) and yet I'm still the same now, won't have my photo taken for anyone, still think I'm ugly. The funny thing is though that I'm always telling my kids that there is no such thing as an ugly person, everyone is beautiful in their own way. Perhaps I should listen to me more.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:38 AM

I never like photos of myself...... until a few years down the road and I look at them and think well that's not so bad.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:14 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by bj
I could probably like mine if they didn't look so much like me.
DITTO!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:22 AM

Hate mine, that is why I always use quilts for my avatar. I have a handful of pics I like and all but one is when I was in my early years. That one was taken several years ago (and many pounds lighter) with my brother and sister.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I haven't seen a good pic of me in years until I took the one of my avatar. The only reason I took that one was because Marsye wanted to see what others looked like. Figured I couldn't look as bad as her avatar. Usually my double chin shows badly and makes my face look twice it's size and I look so aged these days. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I really like the picture on another post of your and your daughter.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:46 PM
pal

Our kids had a book made up for my 70th birthday. It was filled with great pictures of the family. Next to each picture was a wonderful story relating to the picture. They worked so hard on it - and my first reaction was "why did you put such an ugly picture of me on the cover?" I'm really ashamed of myself - they did all of that work, and made it so beautiful - and my first reaction was negative.

I hope that I am smarter today than I was on that day!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Banned

I don't like pictures of myself, I don't like how I look. One of these days I will learn to like myself. God bless. Penny