Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas Presents >

Christmas Presents

Christmas Presents

Old 10-24-2010, 08:17 PM

Placemats, Table runners, and some tree skirts, haven't even started. I need to work on my list for the Grands.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by cindyjean
I'm going to take a large tin can... paint it red. wrap a black belt around it and put evergreen and some holly in it for a Christmas decoration gift. I can give you the link if you want..
Please give us the link.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:33 PM

I am making bow tuck purses for my 3 daughters, 1 daughter in law, 3 best friends. I have 5 already done (but one is for me).

I am making aprons for all the men and grandchildren. For the men I am using denim. Cut out the pattern, sew around the apron about 1 inch in from the edge and then snip all around to fray it. I am making a large multiple pocket in the front using fabric that is personal to the person. Example. One son in law likes golf, so the fabric is golf balls. I will make the ties in the pocket fabric. They look really cute. Once I get one finished I can post it.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fabricnut
At the rate I'm going, everyone may just be getting a piece of fabric! I've put off doing financial records so I can quilt. Now I've put quilting stuff away until I get caught up on the records. Wish me luck and speed. :)
Oh fabricnut, that is exactly what I've been doing too, first it was summer holidays and yard and garden work, and a bit of quilting once a week if I was lucky, then it was canning, and a 4 day trade show thrown in, now I just want to quilt, and I know I should be doing bookwork, our business year end is the 31st of this month, and I'm so far behind... I keep asking myself why do I do this to myself... over and over again... lol
And at this point I have no idea what I'm doing for gifts this year, I might just have to go out and buy some gifts this year, thankfully we don't exchange gifts with DH's family, and on my side we just do a male and female gift exchange, and then I always try to make my Mom and Mother-in-law something, and my kids and their men are going on a winter holiday for 2 weeks, so I don't think we will exchange gifts this year, they can't afford it and right now I can't neither... lol
I made my 2 grandson's each a quilt so those are out of the way now.
Good luck with your record keeping, hope ours both go fast and easy..!
Oh and by the way, these are all really good gift ideas, some of which I have done previous years, they potatoe bakers are great gifts, I've also made microwave oven mitts, they are fun too.... have fun ladies and good luck!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:33 PM

I'm thinking of making aprons for our 3 DIL's, 2 SIL's, 2 GD's. I better get busy.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:45 AM

That was a very informative email Thank you,
I couldn't find the free sewing organizer at Butterick. Could you help me out.
Nonnie
Old 10-25-2010, 03:12 AM

One year I gave GD and her family a basket with a couple of videos-a couple bags of popcorn to pop,cups with a packette of hot chocolate-she said later that was the best idea- they now put one night aside for "family movie night"
Old 10-25-2010, 03:41 AM

What a great idea. I have 5 GC 4 and under and they have stocking at Grams house. I put a movie in eadh stocking with a little toy that goes with the movie. SWo far no arguements over who got which movie. Hope it goes well this year. :0)
Old 10-25-2010, 03:58 AM

I have the organizer in a mug pattern It is Simplitity #2450 I got mine at JoAnn's or Hancock's when they were on sale for .99 cents or $1.99. Never pay over that for a pattern.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:06 AM

Perhaps I have the wrong idea, but I've completely cut back on Christmas gifts as I think the gift giving has gotten completly out of hand and many people just don't need any more "stuff". Now my gifts fall into two classes. Close family only get small practical items (mitts, socks, underwear) and extended family, neighbours etc. get a Christmas card saying a gift of $ has been sent to the Salvation Army in their name or they get a card and a small tray of homemade squares and cookies ready to serve. We have a wonderful large family dinner, play lots of board games and nobody has been bent out of shape by the lack of gifts. In my opinion, Christmas should be about being together and I don't want to spend all Advent season making and buying gifts which most people don't need. It's not that they're not nice or that I can't afford to do it but it just isn't a priority fo me any more. I know many will completely disagree with me but this is where I am. During the year I may make little gifts and often give something at Easter or Valentine's Day but I'm just not into the Christmas shopping/gift making frenzy anymore.