Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone tried this? >

Anyone tried this?

Anyone tried this?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM

I have not tried tussie paper but do it all the time with fabric for photo blocks
Old 01-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by rb.
I'm wondering... I've watched my SIL trace patterns onto tissue paper, use spray adhesive to attach them to a quilt, then machine quilt. I'm wondering if the spray adhesive could be used to fix the tissue paper to a piece of printer paper, and sent through the printer to print patterns from a computer. If it worked it sure would be faster. Anyone ever try it? If the papers try to split upon entry maybe folding the printer paper over at the leading edge, with a tight crease?
Do it all the time Use to print pictures on it from computer with piece of mulin on back of copy paper then made pillows out the pictures Just spray adhesive the tissue paper down and cut to paper size put in paper tray sometimes depending on the printer we had to use the card stock setting
Old 01-05-2011, 04:06 PM

I have used tissue paper and lightly sprayed 505 and it works great. I wash my quilts after they are done so there is no residue. You can't spray much on or else the quilt gets sticky.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:20 PM

My printer jams when I tried to put a tissue type paper thru it -
Old 01-05-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I just use golden threads paper and baste it down...I don't spray basting at all...ever....but that is another topic!
I'm so surprised to see you mention "golden threads paper" since I had never heard of it til now. I was in our LQS today when, as I was leaving, I heard a customer ask the clerk if they had Golden Threads. I just googled it to see what it is & now I've learned about a new product. Thanks
Old 01-05-2011, 04:50 PM

You can use "Press and Seal" (from the grocery store) and draw quilting pattern on it and it will stick to your quilt without any additional adhesive. It tears off easily from either hand or machine quilting.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I would not send something through my printer that has spray adhesive on it, but that's just me.
I totally agree. Not worth taking the chance!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by New knee
You can use "Press and Seal" (from the grocery store) and draw quilting pattern on it and it will stick to your quilt without any additional adhesive. It tears off easily from either hand or machine quilting.
That sounds like a great idea. Will try that for sure>
Old 01-05-2011, 05:46 PM

Another way to accomplish your goal is to draw your design once, put it on top of 5-6 layers of tissue and sew your design with your DSM without thread, just an old needle. You can use your original design many times before it falls apart. Using a copier to make several of your original is an option too, before you start "sewing" your design, just to make sure you have enough copies. I've done that with Golden Thread Papers and then used them on my longarm. They tear away easily.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:48 PM

You could use the paper made for paper piecing as it goes through the printer OK. Just scan the design or if you have a copy function on your printer, just put it in to copy it and be sure to put your "tissue" (paper piecing paper) in the part of the printer where your copy paper comes from. (My printer and my copy paper come from different trays but not all do.) Good Luck!