Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • our sewing toys >
  • our sewing toys

• our sewing toys

Old 01-05-2011, 06:43 AM

I think the easier question would be what doesn't he have lol
    mine has everything you could ever want or need for camping, (all survival gear too including the mini dragonfly stoves and such), his bass boat, a camper, two ride on tractors, his lathe and all the wood-turning tools, every power tool under the sun, his guns (one was his great-great grandfathers and in mint condition worth about $12,000) and huge gun safe that even I can't get in to lol, scroll saw, huge air compressor and all the tools to go with it, coin collection, silver & gold collection...I will end here....he told me last year to buy my longarm and I didn't :-( I am just glad we had all of these things before the medical conditions became a problem because there is no buying now (and he has sold some of his gold pieces to help cover medical expenses too). It is also nice to know we have somethings we can sell if we get in a real pickle medically. Oh and as a couple we started collecting Anatole krasnyansky artwork on our honeymoon.
    Hugs
    April
    Oh I forgot to mention the 3 laptops, 4 towers, 2 servers, firewall and SAN server....but in hi defense he IS a computer guy lol
    Old 01-05-2011, 06:44 AM

My DH is into ham radio. Ham shack is full of radios.
    Old 01-05-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by gale
    Mine has an antique john deere tractor that he's supposed to fix up. He's looking at getting a different one. The difference, however, is that once he gets it fixed it's not really a toy-he'll use it for actual farming. lol. He does not like sports, car racing, golfing, fishing, hunting, or any of the other things normal men like. He has no real hobbies.
    Well Gale, Don't you use your beautiful quilts to keep warm? Saves on utilities, Just think if you didn't have them!!! LOL
    Old 01-05-2011, 06:55 AM

hubby plays the accordion, has 5. he has a toy box bigger than some houses- 40' x 48'. It has his other "hobby"- old cars. 65 stingray, 57 Metropolitan, my 67 firebird and our 61 Scout truck for plowing. There's also the '49 Farmall B tractor we mow lawn with in the summer. It also houses ds's cars.

we bought 4 more Mets and a ton of parts. we sold 1 and have the other 3 for sale.
    Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 AM

My DH loves that I quilt and is very supportive.

His hobbies are: wood carving (lots of knives,gouges and wood), wookworking (large power tools in a huge pool barn), fishing has a boat, model railroading ( 1/4 of basement is his room (he has built a layout to run his trains on-it is a constant work in progress, he'll get is one way and then decide to make a change. Has a billard room which we both enjoy.

But I can't complain it keeps him busy and happy. He will have lots to do when he retires.
    Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2
    My DH has an airplane which he takes me to quilts shops - can't complain there. He also restores pinball machines from the 80's. He is in his "Man Cave" working on his machines while I am in what he calls the "Bat Cave" quilting. Works out quite well.
    Can't beat that! My hubby also has an airplane, right now working on repainting, that has kept him busy for a while. How do you not get airsick, I have only gone up with him twice and both times I got sick.

His other hobby is learning, if he is not learning something he is not a happy guy. And I would also say that work is his hobby, he has worked three jobs most of our married life, 32 years. If he is not working on a project he is not a happy guy either.
    Old 01-05-2011, 07:08 AM

MY DH's hobby is "woodworking". He is planning to build a 4 bay garage to hold all his tools because the basement and existing garage are too confining. There isn't enough room to move around in it he claims. We go to flea markets and he spends hours looking at all the hand tools that are for sale. He also collects kitchen knives (I've got the sharpest knives in town, not to mention, the most!) He also loves cutting wood for our wood burning stoves...and you need at least 10 chain saws, right? oh and a log splitter too!
    Thankfully, he doesn't complain about my fabric purchases. He always says, "you can't make anything without the proper tools"....and fabric is a tool right?
    Old 01-05-2011, 07:11 AM

My husband is into trains. Western Logging Locomotives. We have a finished basement and it is stuffed with train memorabilia. He also has a garage with 2 1067 Plymouth GTX's and a 2006 Saleen. He buys alot of his train stuff off ebay. I am looking for ebay anonomous. He really needs it. For every dollar I spend on quilting he spends at least $10 on his train habit. So he never ever complains about my fabric addiction.
    Old 01-05-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by lvaughan
    My DH has an airplane which he takes me to quilts shops - can't complain there. He also restores pinball machines from the 80's. He is in his "Man Cave" working on his machines while I am in what he calls the "Bat Cave" quilting. Works out quite well.
    Can't beat that! My hubby also has an airplane, right now working on repainting, that has kept him busy for a while. How do you not get airsick, I have only gone up with him twice and both times I got sick.

His other hobby is learning, if he is not learning something he is not a happy guy. And I would also say that work is his hobby, he has worked three jobs most of our married life, 32 years. If he is not working on a project he is not a happy guy either.
    I guess I am just lucky that I have never gotten sick. What type of plane do you have? Ours is a 69 Piper Arrow. Lots of room for fabric buys when we go flying!
    Old 01-05-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by lvaughan

I guess I am just lucky that I have never gotten sick. What type of plane do you have? Ours is a 69 Piper Arrow. Lots of room for fabric buys when we go flying!
    He has what I would say is 1 1/2 LongEZ's. They are homebuilt! They fly very fast! Have you been to the airshow in Oshkosh, WI?