Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Block of the Month-am I being unreasonable? >

Block of the Month-am I being unreasonable?

Block of the Month-am I being unreasonable?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:11 PM

That's a bummer! I know just how you feel. Write a letter and get it out of your system - keep your blood pressure down.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:18 PM

Well, let's say I go to the furniture store and buy a couch that's red. They deliver a purple couch with pink and green polka dots because they are sold out of the red couches and the factory no longer manufactures red ones. I'd get my money back. You paid for a service which isn't being rendered.
I'd feel frustrated, too. Until you've resolved it with the shop, this issue will continue to bother you each time you shop there-- if you continue to do so. Hope it works out for you. Sorry for the frustration.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Power Poster

I think it was not fair of the store without asking you first. If you really hate the fabric and the store can't or won't give you the original fabric you can try ordering it online so that you will be happy with your quilt. I wish you lots of luck!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 PM

I also feel you are not being unreasonable, fabric is expensive as it is, you should get what you pay for, I think you should take it back and say something.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:55 PM

How long ago did you buy the finishing kit? I would take it back and request/demand a refund or the fabric that you expected.... YES they can order additional fabric.... especially if it's a new fabric. Bad publicity is not something they want it's the old 3:33 rule... if you like the service you tell 3 people if you don't like it you tell 33 people...
Old 01-09-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
How long ago did you buy the finishing kit? I would take it back and request/demand a refund or the fabric that you expected.... YES they can order additional fabric.... especially if it's a new fabric. Bad publicity is not something they want it's the old 3:33 rule... if you like the service you tell 3 people if you don't like it you tell 33 people...
Or the whole quilting board. :)
Old 01-09-2011, 04:15 PM

I had a similar situation with a kit I bought. I had to convince the shop that this was not good for customer service. They eventually replaced the backing with what they showed.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:20 PM

I teach a block of the month and there are always headaches. Imagine having 26 people sign up, you buy bolts of fabric to accommodate all of them, then 15 go to Florida for the winter and don't purchase the fabric. I now have my students purchase their own fabrics. I'm not stuck with bolts and they get what they want.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:27 PM

You are not being unreasonable at all and I would complain loudly. Supply problems do crop up, but they should have been up front with you and advised you so you could make a selection. With what fabric costs, plus the fact that kits invariably cost more than the sum of the parts, you should be allowed a deep discount. Just my opinion, of course, but that is just not right.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 PM

My lqs has had BOM b4 and they have substituted fabric, but it was in from the same designer and it was a color close to the one that was shown in the kit. It did not cause a problem, but I agree with you, if you are not happy you should explain to the shop owner that you have invested alot of money and you are not happy. She is in business because of customer being satisfied, if she starts getting lots of folks unhappy she will start to see it in her sales, and it is not easy to keep a fabric shop going now days. I definatley let her know.