Grrrrr.....

Old 01-28-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by jodimarie
if you or your friend would allow company to come into your home with 2 legged kids ( real human kids, not dogs!! ) and the company let their kids run, jump and get into your closets and drawers.....would you not say something?????? tell the person to do one of these things....keep her dogs on a 4 foot leash attached to hand while she is visiting, keep her dogs inside her car or keep them in a crate inside your home. NO ONE ( human or K-9 ) should be allowed to ruin your home.

IMO.....jodi
I like your response- leash, car or crate.If she calls before coming over let her know then. If she simply stops by, call her tonight!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:17 PM

With people like this even brutal honesty goes in one ear and out the other one. Bottom line is she knows what her dogs are doing and does not care.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:47 AM

I dog sat for 4 days a large black lab. She was fine but my cat almost died of fright. I mean really died. When the owner of the dog asked me to dog sit again I said out right "No". He was very put out. I told him my cat was more important to me than his dog. Thus, he rarely speaks to me. I am not put out by this because he was just a user and wanted free dog care.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:51 AM

Why does she have to be diplomatic? Just tell Daphane she is welcome but her dogs are not. If she leaves in a huff, well good for your friend. Who needs a person like that in their in lives? Notice I said "person" not "friend". Tell your friend to just "say it like it is".
Old 02-01-2011, 09:42 PM

Seems everyone is in agreement. But how about another angle to this?

One thing I am very sure of is that pets get excited in the car. Even if they went potty 3 minutes ago and the car ride was only around the block, they will need to go again. I have a very pet friendly household (we foster/rescue) and when my friends (with dogs) come over, I meet them in the front yard, greet my friend, and then tell their dog to go check his "pee mail" and get it all out of his system before coming in. Then about every hour or so, I corral my dogs outside and invite the guest dog out with me to potty frequently and for a good 7-10 minutes.