Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grrrr!  Embroidery Font Sizes! Grrrrr!! >

Grrrr! Embroidery Font Sizes! Grrrrr!!

Grrrr! Embroidery Font Sizes! Grrrrr!!

Old 09-03-2011, 12:58 PM

I've just spent the better part of the day figuring out that the smallest font I can make on any of my 3 machines is just under 1/2" tall. What's up with that? I need to make a quilt label and I have a LONG last name. At this size ... my name stretches the width of the label. This just wont do. I'd rather not put first/last names on two different lines, and I'm already using Sue instead of Susan.

Suppose I'm going to have to look into downloading something. Either a font, or font software so I can scale it properly.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Are you using an embroidery machine? I have one and might be able to help. I'm in Rockford and it should only take a day or two to get to you in the mail. Send me a PM if you're interested. Hugs
Old 09-03-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
Are you using an embroidery machine? I have one and might be able to help. I'm in Rockford and it should only take a day or two to get to you in the mail. Send me a PM if you're interested. Hugs
I used a Brother 950D Embroidery machine, plus tried the fonts on my Janome and my Husqvarna.

I just discovered a CD in the box that my embroidery machine came in. Called "Brother Embroidery Design Boutique 2" and has 126 patterns on it including alphabets. The problem is, I didn't get any documents with it so I have NO idea what patterns/alphabets are included. I can't view them on my PC and I'm not going to upload 126 of them to a USB then download them to the Brother machine where the screen is so small you really can't view well. Plus, I *suspect* that the alphabets are decorative monograms - not scalable fonts.

I'm trying to figure out if Embird is going to A) do what I want it to do, and B) work with my machine.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:50 PM

I use stitch era.. it allows me to see the designs without putting them on the machine. It also allows me to use true type fonts (found in word processors)to digitize to be stitched. Still here if you need some help. :)
Old 09-03-2011, 02:05 PM

I've run into that same problem... I understand how frustrating that can be..... good luck
Old 09-03-2011, 02:10 PM

What is stitch era?
Old 09-03-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by KarenR
What is stitch era?
Stitch Era is a free embroidery software that allows you to do most of the same things as the big brand softwares. I resize, design, digitize. I can save and transfer it to my my machine and stitch it out. It does have limitations because they want you to love it and upgrade to the full version, but I do very well with the free version..
Old 09-03-2011, 04:53 PM

I would love to have the embroidery label sofeware for quilt labels from Designersgallerysoftware.com but alas, it doesn't have the format for my Bernina 180.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:17 PM

I have Embird. I could do your lettering for you then email it to you as an embroidery design - if you want.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:51 PM

Does your regular machine have a "signature" stitch where you can add a small signature?

I have the same problem with my embroidery machine. I either can't get the letters to reduce small enough or enlarge big enough. It's a real pain - because to me "It just won't let me do what I want".

Hugs,
Gayle