Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >
  • Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

• Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-11-2014, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN
    I hope NO ONE is feeling intimidated by the picture of my brooch/ornament! Believe me, its craftsmanship is far from perfect, and if you could inspect it in person you'd see it for yourself.

A handmade gift is special, because you've given of yourself along with the gift and made something especially for someone else that they can't go out and buy in a store. I'd treasure anything my SS made for me, and I venture to say that everyone here feels the same.
    Just send it to me, so no one else will be intimidated! BWAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Okay, I'm already at the lowest depths of the hole, so I've got nothing to lose!
    Old 10-11-2014, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by jaba
    I think maybe I was misunderstood, I'm not judging her, I just wish I knew more about her. I really like to personalize my gifts so they are definately for the person I am sending to, just like most of you do also. I do have the colors she likes so I will come up with a few things that hopefully she will like and be able to use. Nothing wrong with a gift card either...the item she really wants or needs may be more than the budget so that will help with the cost.
    Just been a hectic week and am really not in a good place right now. To explain a little, my brother, who is my only sibling, passed away yesterday. I just need to get through this and then reorganized in thought. If I have offended anyone, it was not intentional and I do apologize.
    Jaba, I'm so sorry about your brother's passing. {{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}

The swap rules state the sending of 4 FQs and a gift/gifts, to equal $20. Personally, I would abide by the rules, to which I agreed.
    Old 10-11-2014, 07:55 AM

I hope NO ONE is feeling intimidated by the picture of my brooch/ornament! Believe me, its craftsmanship is far from perfect, and if you could inspect it in person you'd see it for yourself.

A handmade gift is special, because you've given of yourself along with the gift and made something especially for someone else that they can't go out and buy in a store. I'd treasure anything my SS made for me, and I venture to say that everyone here feels the same.
    So true, I like any thing no mater what the skill level. And pictures hide so many flaws. They also reveal blocks in the wrong position.
    Old 10-11-2014, 07:57 AM

I think maybe I was misunderstood, I'm not judging her, I just wish I knew more about her. I really like to personalize my gifts so they are definately for the person I am sending to, just like most of you do also. I do have the colors she likes so I will come up with a few things that hopefully she will like and be able to use. Nothing wrong with a gift card either...the item she really wants or needs may be more than the budget so that will help with the cost.
    Just been a hectic week and am really not in a good place right now. To explain a little, my brother, who is my only sibling, passed away yesterday. I just need to get through this and then reorganized in thought. If I have offended anyone, it was not intentional and I do apologize.
    Sorry for your loss Jaba, will add you to the prayer list.
    Old 10-11-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie
    Just send it to me, so no one else will be intimidated! BWAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Okay, I'm already at the lowest depths of the hole, so I've got nothing to lose!
    Oh Neesie, you are too funny! Sunrise mentioned something about there being fudge in the hole -- so I'll jump in and join you and we can scout her out.
    Old 10-11-2014, 08:33 AM

Jaba, you are certainly allowed to take a deep breath and reorganize your thoughts. I am so sorry you have suffered the loss of your brother. Big cyber hug coming to you from New Mexico.
    Old 10-11-2014, 08:51 AM

Oh Neesie, you are too funny! Sunrise mentioned something about there being fudge in the hole -- so I'll jump in and join you and we can scout her out.
    Make sure you bring that adorable little 'Keep Calm and Merry On' thingie with you! I'll wear it, just to keep it safe!
    Old 10-11-2014, 09:14 AM

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
    Yes, milk chocolate
    What are your favorite fabric colors?
    Teal, pinks, red, purple, blue, green any bright colors
    What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
    Teal, dark pinks, blue, red, green
    Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
    Yes, love my Clover seam ripper & have several with different machines.
    Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
    Not really unless it was something very unique. I do a lot of applique and like unique patterns for appliques
    Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
    I am an avid reader. I mainly read mysteries such as Evanovich, Agatha Christie, etc.
    Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
    Sure, Size Medium since I don't like tight fitting. And I prefer V necks, no turtle necks
    Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
    I don't believe so.

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
    Yes, You can never have too many of either of the above.
    Would you enjoy receiving socks?
    No, I don't think so
    Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package
    FQ's , mug rug, pincushions, Right now I'm collecting 30's fabrics for a Dresden plate. Also Elvis prints for a quilt for DH. With 10 grandchildren and #11 on the way I always like prints for kids (especially older children).
    Old 10-11-2014, 09:47 AM

Nessie,

you are so deep in that hole I am beginning to think you took your own shovel down there with you - LOL LOL LOL

Hugs

Caroline

Originally Posted by Neesie

Old 10-11-2014, 11:01 AM

Jaba, my thoughts are with you, as I am sure, are the members of this Board. Hugs.