Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the new list. Hope this helps my person.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
Don't care for dark chocolate. (I know that it's good for you, so I can learn to like it).

What are your favorite fabric colors?
Love blues, green, teal, aqua. rust. Too many to mention. Can always find something to make.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
What are non-fabric colors?

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
I have a lot of rippers. Quite a few small rulers. If I receive a ruler that I already have I can always share with another quilter.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
I get most of my patterns on line.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
I read all the time. So it would be hard for anyone to get me books. I enjoy all books. Of course there are books I haven't read so if I have read the book I can pass it on to someone else.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
I don't think so as I am trying to change my size. Doesn't mean that I don't eat chocolate.

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
If not from my area sure why not.

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
Have needle cases. Made my own pincushion. But I have seen some pincushions that are super, so sure.

Would you enjoy receiving socks?
Sure, wear size 8 1/2 shoe.

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package
I don't applique, but that's because I don't know how. I am happy to get anything.

I still find it very hard to put all these things down as I was taught that when I received something I should appreciate it and be grateful that I got anything.

Hope this helps.
BrendaK

Last edited by BrendaK; 10-08-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:05 PM

Whew! Take a day off & you have to spend 1/2 a day catching up! Been busy getting ready for the quilt show & crime fair next weekend, so haven't been here.
Yes, I like the idea of patterns on a stick! Of course, my computer accepts them!
I'm also a longarmer, so that's the area where I can use tools for. I'm a gadget girl, so the more toys the better! I use rulers, stencils, & water soluble markers A LOT! I don't do pantos, just freehand with a little help from those items. Just ask Sulabug, I've done several quilts for her.
Santaee clue: You live in a great state!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:13 PM

hi AK Carol - Phoenix here. Did you used to live up north?
QUOTE=Alaska carol;6902160]I am in Az anyone else? Yuma[/QUOTE]
Old 10-08-2014, 01:45 PM

Hi All,

yep... My PC takes a stick.... So if I'm sent one... I will love it.

hugs

Caroline
Old 10-08-2014, 01:48 PM

I filled one of these out when we first started but will also do this. I just don't want to sound like it has to be this or that because I'm excited with anything my s.s. has chosen. I think this goes back to when I was growing up you were pleased with whatever was gifted to you.
If you like chocolate, milk chocolate

What are your favorite fabric colors? Teal,blues, greens, aqua, rust. Actually any colors are great. The colors I'm using right now are batiks of all colors for the quilting bee swap. I will have to purchase some baticks due to I joined so late in the swap. So batiks would be great.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors?All of them
What are non-fabric colors?

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Yes, indeed

Would you enjoy receiving <nobr abp="900">quilt patterns</nobr> or books? If so, give <nobr abp="902">examples. If I get something I have I can always share.</nobr>

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? Yes. If so, what type? I do like fiction, such as Nicholas Sparks and Francine Rivers,I also enjoy pet stories, I'm not pickiy. I have been seeing in magazines there is a series of quilting books, non fiction and I think I'd enjoy these too.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? Yes If so, what size? 2x, however I just joined wt. watchers so hoping that size goes down, down. lol.

Would you enjoy receiving regional <nobr abp="904">postcards</nobr> or other souvenir items?
Yes, I think would be fun.

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Oh yes anything like that.

Would you enjoy receiving socks? yes
Sure, wear size 8 1/2 shoe.

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package

I'm just getting started in with applique. I love to embroidery, pillow cases, dresser scarves. quilt blocks. I do have plenty embroidery floss.
Now please S.S. do not worry about what you choose, I will be so excited regardless. Just being a part of this so exciting.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:27 PM

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
Keep an eye on your mailbox to see if it's you!!!
Will be sending out prize in the next couple days.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Banned

To answer the question about USB jump drives. Yes I have desktop,
Laptop, and Netbook all which take jump drives.....but in all HONESTY
I really don't need another one I have about 14-15 ranging in storage
size of 1gig up to 64gig.
There is even one on my key chain that has a file with my medication
list for when I go to the Dr they can have an updated meds list.

I also collect mugs and am down to just 8 (I think) to have ALL 50
States.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:42 PM

i would love a stick of quilt patterns and articles
Old 10-09-2014, 02:52 AM

I just waded thru 15 pages and find the games finished! I was going to say 189... Next ...what a great idea the "helpful hints"...I hope my person sees it and does it too...I've stalked my way thru those 15 pages & will keep looking....I will do it too, but later...I still have UFO's waiting!
Old 10-09-2014, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Just wondering about something. I have read the rules, participated in the questionnaire, and read this thread avidly. I believe it is okay to send fabric, books, and notions we have in our stash already as long as they are not "garbage" with a bow on top. lol

Would it be appropriate to send what are commonly called "orphan blocks"? Especially if they are not the main gift but just an after thought?

I have been blessed with the name of a newbie who I think could use lots of different stuff to hone her skills, but I don't want to be tacky.

Feedback, please.
I personally would love orphan blocks as I make quilts for several patients at the nearby nursing home for Christmas. Having orphan blocks would allow me to make more quilts to give away.