Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-07-2014, 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=ljs317;6919458]Pennif,
No no no to what the Lima beans or the fact that I hate yellow. No one ever believe either of those things.

I really do love me some Lima beans, and I do really hate the color yellow.

LIMA BEANS.....that's the only thing i can say i really don't like....and "dreamer" threatened to pack my box full of them if she were my SS !!!
Get your point about yellow tho.... I read somewhere once that if you lock a person in an all yellow room, they'll go crazy. Wish i could claim that was my excuse!!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:20 PM

Crystal ball, crystal ball, of old time lore
Tell me about HER some more

Is there a cat in the house
To chase a mouse?

There just might be
Fluffy yellow I do see
Old 10-07-2014, 10:19 PM

Yes my computer can take a stick USB
Old 10-08-2014, 01:10 AM

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? I prefer dark chocolate.
What are your favorite fabric colors? purple and green
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? earth tones
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc. any and always
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already haveI have many books, enjoy paper piecing , block books, recent interest in Mini blocks.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?I listen to books on tape as I can do that while sewing.
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? yes, medium/large
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?not so much, I am in a weeding out process and find it hard to get rid of those type of things and not wanting to allocate space for them.
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?got cute pin cushion from SS last year and don't need more than one
Would you enjoy receiving socks? love socks, happy feet I call them, must start from the foundation up, as I say.
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. Like spice rum, dark chocolate (as previously mentioned, home made items, I will be happy with just about anything, would prefer no coal, although I haven't been an angel All year, I have been good.😛
Old 10-08-2014, 02:41 AM

Thanks for coming up with more questions....
If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? I am allergic to most chocolates and Nuts, but have found white chocolate not only yummy but very able to have. Skittles are my favorite....
What are your favorite fabric colors? Blues and yellows and Autumn colors, Gray
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Blue, Gray
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? most Definetly! Can never have enough seam rippers hehehehee...
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? Sure, I love to paper piece and am recently dabbling in hand applique, have recently done ice dyeing, and graduated dyeing of fabrics ( it is such fun)
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? Yes, Romance, Western,
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? Sure, Large
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Yes
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Yes
Would you enjoy receiving socks? Sure
Please list any other item, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. I also think this is a super fun thing to do, and am really not picky other than where the chocolate and nut allergy comes in.. (SKITTLES to the Rescue!) LOL, so Yep I would be happy with just about anything and everything!.. I like western and horse themed along with flowers including daises, but on the same token love brights and autumn tones... Use mug rugs and love the many different ones.
Do you embroidery or applique? Yes I do Machine embroidery and am recently attempting hand applique.
Cats in the house? No cats, do have two dogs, horse, chickens but on general rule not in the house....hehehee
What do you do when not quilting?? Is there anything else!! hehehee.... attend our twin boys school function, tend to the animals, if time enjoy camping, fishing, presently am helping reshingle house (not liking that so much!) soaking in a tub of hot water.

Last edited by JAGSD; 10-08-2014 at 02:57 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Okay, I'm gonna throw out some SS questions, hoping my SS-ee will also answer.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
What are your favorite fabric colors?
What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
Would you enjoy receiving socks?
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package.
I love all colors as I love to make scrappy quilts. I love all candy. I especially love homemade gifts because so much thought and care went into the gift. I love bookmarks, because I always have a book started. I would love to receive your favorite Notion, but give me a reason why you like it so much.

Nessie, I know you don't have my name, but it was fun to answer your questions.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:38 AM

I also forgot to include. I would love to receive regional items, mugs, tshirts etc. I think that is really cool.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:22 AM

Chocolate? Love all of it but am not eating processed sugar
Fav fabric colors? Purple, green, blue....but also love small black prints and white/cream blenders
Fav non fabric colors? most of what is represented in nature. When picking out clothing items, it's whatever goes with jeans.
Sewing notions? stitch rippers, fine pins,little scissors, erasable markers....and anything new and innovative
Patterns/books? I do better borrowing these because of limited storage space. I do love magazines that I can pass on.
Books? Have many I've yet to read. Thank goodness for the compact storage of my Nook!
Tshirt? Sure. large.
Souvenir items? No, thank you. I hate to dust.
Pincushion? My Achilles Heel! LOVE them. Needle case? sweet!
Socks: Unique ones are nice.
This is a great list of questions. Thank you, Neesie.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:39 AM

What a fabulous idea! a local newspaper. I put a newspaper published on the day each of my children were born with their baby books.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:51 AM

So Going to copy and paste to help out my SS

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? Milk Chocolate

What are your favorite fabric colors? I haven't met a color I don't like but I do like teals, blues and mix in lime green. I am short on Red with black, black with red. Oh and lacking pastel colors, 30's prints. Okay gotta stop lol

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? I have to go with the usual teals/blues/greys/black

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Yes and Yes. I'm a gadget girl hummm not much I don't have, except those small key chain rulers hehehe. Okay I have one of the the hexi n more by Jay Bird. Although I don't have the small patterns to go with it.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have
: I have more quilt books and just received a boat load from my Aunt whose is no longer quilting. As for patterns well never have enough of them lol. Am looking for the Triangle Frenzy patterns, Up Square Down Square by Cozy Quilt shop Also the Quiltmaker magazine called Quiltmaker Patch Pals.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? I have books that I don't seem to get at

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? I travel lots so have many many T-shirts

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Travel lots so have more than I can handle

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Oh yes never have enough pincushions

Would you enjoy receiving socks? sure if their quilt related lol

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package: I'd been meaning to make one of those sewing machine organizers you know the one that fits under the machine and hangs down to put scissors in ect. But really I love homemade stuff.

Do you do applique?no Embroidery? yes but by machine have a Janome 350e

What do you do when you're not quilting? WHAT there's other things besides quilting NOOOOOOOOOOO

There that should help out my SS hehehehe

Last edited by btiny36; 10-08-2014 at 07:55 AM.