Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-06-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by kwendt

And be afraid.... be VERY afraid!.... lol.
I'm new too... this is my first month with the crowd and already I'm lovin it. Okay... off to find something for dinner... wish I could have me some of that Rachael Ray fish steak Missy showed a picture of... yummy!
It was fabulous!! I am still licking my chops!

Missy
AARRRRRGGGGHH! Stop, Missy, stop!!! Yur killin me! lol. <grin> I think I'm having chicken soup, since I've got a sore throat and have to sing on Saturday!! Woo baby..

But... I promise.. .Scouts honor.... broiled/grilled fish steaks SOON!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM

And be afraid.... be VERY afraid!.... lol.
I'm new too... this is my first month with the crowd and already I'm lovin it. Okay... off to find something for dinner... wish I could have me some of that Rachael Ray fish steak Missy showed a picture of... yummy!

Missy
AARRRRRGGGGHH! Stop, Missy, stop!!! Yur killin me! lol. <grin> I think I'm having chicken soup, since I've got a sore throat and have to sing on Saturday!! Woo baby..

But... I promise.. .Scouts honor.... broiled/grilled fish steaks SOON!!!!
Are you crying "uncle"? Then okay. I will stop.

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 03:14 PM

From Missy:

This is the easiest and creamiest and yummiest mac and cheese around. It works equally well with broccoli and cheese sauce. There are four flavors now of the Laughing Cow Light cheese and I have tried all of them with this recipe and every single time it is a hit. My 8 yr nephew thinks it is just cheese sauce with pasta. He does not even realize that there is cauliflower in the dish! I promise if you make this your kids and family (if they love mac and cheese) will LOVE this.

From the Hungry Girl:

Please Cheese Me

Our mac 'n cheese doesn't need to be a fluorescent shade of orange to stand up to the competition. It tastes AMAZING, and it's as simple as A-B-C, 1-2-3, Do-Re-Mi. (P.S. The cheesy cauliflower works perfectly here -- trust us!)

Ingredients:
6 cups (about 24 oz.) frozen Green Giant Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce
2 cups uncooked Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Blend Rotini Pasta (or another whole-wheat or whole-wheat-blend pasta)
3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
Optional: salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
Prepare pasta according to the instructions on the box, and then drain well and set aside. While pasta is cooking, place contents of the cauliflower & sauce package in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 12 - 16 minutes, until sauce has melted and cauliflower is hot.

Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, remove it from the microwave and add cooked pasta. Set aside. Unwrap cheese wedges and place in a small microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth, and then add to the bowl.

Mix thoroughly, ensuring that the Laughing Cow cheese is evenly distributed and the pasta and cauliflower are coated in cheese sauce. If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

HINT from Missy: If you have never had Whole Wheat pasta or if you do not care for the nutty flavor, either cook it in chicken broth or add chicken bouillon/soup base to the pasta water before you add the pasta. Your family will never know the difference. I did not tell my parents for a month that they were eating WW pasta. Now they wont eat anything else!

Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 202
Fat: 4.5g
Sodium: 825mg
Carbs: 36g
Fiber: 5g
Sugars: 6g
Protein: 8.5g

POINTSŪ value 4*

Here are the nutritional facts for the blue box:

Calories: 410
Fat: 19g
Sodium: 710mg
Carbs: 49g
Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 7g
Protein: 10g

POINTSŪ value 10*
Old 01-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

[quote=MissyGirl

Missy[/quote]

Missy I know you better so back away from the window......go find you are purse-o-pills you are hallucinating(SP?) that's not your chops you're licking. ROFLAO
Old 01-06-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by klarina
MissyGirl, I like your smile.

No offense taken here.

Hugs.
Missy, no offense taken here also. What a nice picture of you. It's always to place a face with a name.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:32 PM

[quote=trupeach1]

Missy[/quote

Missy I know you better so back away from the window......go find you are purse-o-pills you are hallucinating(SP?) that's not your chops you're licking. ROFLAO
Damn! I thought no one would notice! For the newbies..here I am licking the window at the funny farm!

Missy

Here I am all tuckered out after a day of licking the window in the day room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155163[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-155157.jpe   attachment-155158.jpe  
Old 01-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Originally Posted by klarina
MissyGirl, I like your smile.

No offense taken here.

Hugs.
Missy, no offense taken here also. What a nice picture of you. It's always to place a face with a name.
Thank you Donna that is so sweet!

Missy
Old 01-06-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Missy please don't let anyone make you feel ashamed of who you are. I love you as is and don't want you to change. Shame on the person.

I am done for the night because I am not a happy camper right now.
Ditto, Missy. You are who you are!!! Love you,Donna
Old 01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Banned

Missy that is so cute, the baby on the TV. I am sure the staff is happy you stopped running through the halls licking turtles and are sticking to windows. How many calories are in windex window cleaner, you seem to eat a lot of that, could that have something to do with your weight problem?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good morning. It's a new and I hope it goes well. Missy I worried about you last night please let me or us know how you are doing. Tru did you get that phone call???? Fingers crossed that you did. I'm guessing that a few of the new weight loss folks need to go back and read the rules. We do a lot and I mean a lot of chit chat here that has nothing to do weight loss at all. There are several of us that have been doing this for a while and we welcome everyone to join us but please if you don't like what someone said or a picture that was posted don't whine about it. I'd like to think we are all adult enough to be able to realize that we have control of only our own personal choices and try not to make everyone behave or believe as we do. Let's have fun here and if you are offended do the adult thing and move on. If you see something you don't like then don't look at it.
AMEN!!!