Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Banned

Thank you all for your kind words.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:52 PM

I have been keeping a journal every month of my weight loss and exercise. It's just a little thing, looks like a calendar but I put E for exercise and I list my weight about every two weeks, and always at the first of the month.

Since October, 2010, I have lost 38 pounds! It is due to your support and friendship that I have kept going. I haven't lost like this in ten years, and certainly even then I didn't do lifestyle changes.

I am one that has to be praised and often. It is one of my "needy" faults. I depend on you to be my cheerleaders, and it makes it all the sweeter to know we are on the journey together.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Ya'll have convinced me! I just bought the Leslie Sansome cd at buy.com. Was only $5 incl shipping.
Edie convinced me and I love it. Right now I have been doing it 1 time a day but next week going to do 2 times a day.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Ya'll have convinced me! I just bought the Leslie Sansome cd at buy.com. Was only $5 incl shipping.
Edie convinced me and I love it. Right now I have been doing it 1 time a day but next week going to do 2 times a day.
Once you start to exercise on a regular basis your body misses it if you skip a day.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:32 PM

Tru, Carrie, Edie, and all of you----today has been a very uplifting day for me. My fibro, with the cold weather, has been so painful especially in my right arm that I've not felt like much for a few days. Reading all of your threads, your recommendations, etc. has made my day. Thank you all for being so wonderful. Love you all
Donna G.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Thank you!!!!!! I am so glad you are happy with it. It doesn't kill you and that is what I like and it is not geared to the size 2-4-6-8's!!!!

I started with the One Mile Walk and now I am on the Walk and Tone also. I have done the Two Mile Walk, but all at one time is a little bit much yet and then there is a Three Mile Walk. Not quite yet. I can do three one mile programs (throughout the day)but not the two or three in one felled swoop! God love the ones that can! Edie
Old 02-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Tru, Carrie, Edie, and all of you----today has been a very uplifting day for me. My fibro, with the cold weather, has been so painful especially in my right arm that I've not felt like much for a few days. Reading all of your threads, your recommendations, etc. has made my day. Thank you all for being so wonderful. Love you all
Donna G.
I don't know what I said but I'm glad it helped you. :-) I love you too!!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Donna G.
I don't know what I said but I'm glad it helped you. :-) I love you too!!
ditto!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:27 PM

Hey, y'all. I had some awful news today. I'm an RN and today I talked to the doctor that does the lap-band and gastric bypass surgeries for a hospital in St. Louis. He was down here doing a seminar for ladies interested in getting either one done.

I told him I had thought of having one or the other done in the past, but had never followed through. While I was talking to him I was drinking a diet Dr. Pepper. He said "Well, I wouldn't do either on you until you swore to never drink another soda". I said but I only drink diet sodas. He said "Doesn't matter. Soda keeps you fat. The carbonation keeps your stomach stretched, which means it takes more food to make you feel full. If you have either one of the surgeries and drink soda it will stretch your new reduced-size stomach and when it does you will lose all the benefit from having surgery". Now, I've heard that drinking diet soda was not good if you were on a diet because it kept you from losing your desire for sweets, but I never heard this. He explained a lot more about it but bottom line is soda prevents you from losing weight by causing you to eat more. It makes sense. If I get an upset stomach I'll drink a soda as fast as I can so that I can burp like a truckdriver and feel better. Breaks my heart to think I have to give up my sodas. What in the world will I do without them? Drink water?
Old 02-28-2011, 06:31 PM

If you drink a half gallon to a gallon of water a day, you won't want to drink anything else. Another problem with diet soda is it is full of sodium.