Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed  Update Page 62 >

February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed Update Page 62

February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed Update Page 62

Old 03-01-2011, 07:42 PM

now Mary I agree with you about gas prices cutting into my quilting money!!!LOL, they better not mess with us quilters,we are a powerful team!!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

We sure are especially us with atitudes.lol
Old 03-02-2011, 08:12 AM

Mail has not come today, yet. Too early. Hopefully I will have a nice surprise when I get home today from a shopping trip to buy fabric and get some ideas to make a couple of grandsons quilts. Thought I had an idea for one but when I made a couple of blocks it was not what I wanted. So I will make good time while waiting today and go get some books and seeing if I get any ideas by looking at the fabric. One grandson is almost 19 and studying to be a History teacher. The other one is 4 and I hope to find something to do with animals. Oldest and youngest are my problems for getting ideas. Anyway it gives me something to do while I sit on the bench waiting.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by grandme26
Mail has not come today, yet. Too early. Hopefully I will have a nice surprise when I get home today from a shopping trip to buy fabric and get some ideas to make a couple of grandsons quilts. Thought I had an idea for one but when I made a couple of blocks it was not what I wanted. So I will make good time while waiting today and go get some books and seeing if I get any ideas by looking at the fabric. One grandson is almost 19 and studying to be a History teacher. The other one is 4 and I hope to find something to do with animals. Oldest and youngest are my problems for getting ideas. Anyway it gives me something to do while I sit on the bench waiting.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-92228-1.htm
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-87869-1.htm
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-73513-1.htm
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62792-1.htm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I saved these in my bookmarks for my own boys when I get the time, they might help with some inspiration for the youngest one at least! Maybe a Bargello in the oldest ones favorite colors? I saw an orange one on here that is just fabulous for a young man!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Sorry you ladies still have no feb.swap.Here we are starting march swap too.Maybe this week.I got my swaplast week but if you don't mind I'll sit a while with you ladies.It was a beautiful day in missouri today. I went to springfield and bought a few items at JoAnns. while I was shopping gas jumped up 20 cents. They are asking for trouble when they start cutting into my quilting money.If you read about some crazy 62 yr old swinging a quilt and sewing machine it will be me.lol bless you all for being so patient.Don't give up . Mary
It's nice to have the company Mary! Don't get me started on the gas topic, it makes me so
:evil: :( :thumbdown: However, now anytime I think about it I will be :lol: at the image I have in my head of you whipping a machine around in a circle by its cord!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KellyK
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Sorry you ladies still have no feb.swap.Here we are starting march swap too.Maybe this week.I got my swaplast week but if you don't mind I'll sit a while with you ladies.It was a beautiful day in missouri today. I went to springfield and bought a few items at JoAnns. while I was shopping gas jumped up 20 cents. They are asking for trouble when they start cutting into my quilting money.If you read about some crazy 62 yr old swinging a quilt and sewing machine it will be me.lol bless you all for being so patient.Don't give up . Mary
It's nice to have the company Mary! Don't get me started on the gas topic, it makes me so
:evil: :( :thumbdown: However, now anytime I think about it I will be :lol: at the image I have in my head of you whipping a machine around in a circle by its cord!
that's funny. I can't believe our government let us get in this mess.and it started many many many years ago. not with obama,I bet alot of you all get swaps today. or at least I hope so. have a good day. Mary
Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 AM

My DH left for Dr appt and called me back to tell me the gas at Speed Way had gone up to 3.55 but at the Schell station it was still 3.30. So I jumped in the car and filled it up before it raised.The girl inside said she was waiting for the call to raise theirs. And by the way I'm still on the bench, mail's run today ... nothing.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Speaking of gas prices they just jumped to 3.39 for the cheap stuff and 3.59 for the better stuff here in Ohio.

Just mailed my March secret pal her package, this is my first swap. so excited I hope she likes everything I got.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by grandme26
How about an Underground Railroad quilt for the one who wants to teach history or a sampler of pioneer blocks. As a retired history teacher, I know that those sorts really appeal to me. Of course I taught U.S. history, he may prefer some other type. Just my two cents! Hope you get off the bench soon!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:11 PM

Just arrived home and still on the bench.
KelleyK, thank you for the web sites. I bought a book today that has several paper piecing squares I can make for a little boy.

On my way home I had to fill up on gas...........It took $40!!!!! To fill up my little Civic. I have NEVER EVER paid that much. Wish the gas wars would return with gas @$0.09/gal. Just dreaming.
Maybe tomorrow we will all be off the Feb bench