Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone have good lost cat experiences to relate? >

Anyone have good lost cat experiences to relate?

Anyone have good lost cat experiences to relate?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:57 PM

We were moving and couldn't find our DD cat Tiny. So we went back at night looking him. I saw him beside the road and jumped out and grabbed him. We went home and tossed him into DD bedroom, the next morning she came out of her room holding him, and said this isn't my cat. So we made another trip to the old place and dropped off the cat where we picked him up. A few days later a friend called and said she found our cat in her barn. Good thing it was only a 10 mile move.
Hope you find yours soon.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:24 PM

I haven't thought of this much since it happened YEARS ago...in 1978 when I was relocating from New Jersey to Albuquerque, NM sometime during the 3 days prior to our leaving, my wonderful cat, Tasha, disappeared!!! Tasha was not a cat who liked to wander, she usually just stayed close to home. It was beyond us what could have happened to her, but I told my husband that I was not leaving without her! My sister who lived next door to us at the time said she would be sure to look for her if we still hadn't found her and ship her to me. :( I said I still was not leaving!!!

So it came down to the very last night, the U-haul was totally packed, both cars and the camper ready to pull out first thing in the morning. Here we are sitting in a totally empty house except for a sleeping bag and a TV and all of a sudden I head "meow...meow". Tasha!!! We couldn't quite tell where it was coming from so we all went outside to look. Well, back east we had crawl spaces under the houses and there was a little door that covered the space unless you had to go under the house. Well somehow, that cat had gone under the house and probably went to sleep, someone put the board back, and she didn't hear us when we were in the yard looking for her. With all the noise from packing we probably never heard her crying to get out when she finally woke up! We were so happy to have gotten her back.

Course, when she spent the next 3 days in a car scared to death, she was probably wishing she was still under the house!

:D

She lived to the age of 18 and I finally had to put her to sleep. She was the best cat I ever had.

I will pray that you find your cat! I believe you will.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Power Poster

We did find Oliver! Just so everyone knows. :D :D :D
Old 06-11-2011, 01:54 AM

we had been in a new house about a year when our beautiful white cat disappeared well a couple months later on Christmas Eve the was some noise at the door and there she was we don't know where she had been but she looked good and she was really glad to be home
Old 06-11-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Great news!! I'm so glad to hear this!!
Old 06-11-2011, 06:02 AM

thats wonderful where did you find her
Old 06-11-2011, 12:28 PM

:thumbup: Doing the happy dance for you!!!! That's wonderful.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:31 PM

So very happy for you and your family. Happy as well that Oliver is home. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-12-2011, 09:06 PM

Many years ago I had a blind Siamese cat named Suzy. Of course, she was spayed and declawed and Never went outside; however, one time she did manage to get outside. When I discovered she was missing I was sick at heart as anyone who has a pet missing can relate to. Well, I called and called and searched the yard, neighborhood, etc. I finally gave up then, one night, it was very quiet, kids in bed, husband out with his buddies when I thought I heard a "Meow". I got up and turned on the light for out side door and looked out. There she was practically hugging the wall coming up the driveway. It had been about a week. She was very hungry and thirsty but otherwise in good shape. Suzy lived many more years but she did once again get out and sadly had injured herself coming back with a huge bulge on her belly. The vet said it was way to big a tear to repair especially at her age. Having a blind animal is a great responsibility but one that is worthwhile. They are worth every minute. I hope your baby comes home so don't give up hope. Animals are truly amazing.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by fratcat
when I moved from Wyoming to Tennessee to get married, I had to go to atlanta for a weekend and left my beautiful Pookie Bear with my fiancee to take care of, with instructions that Pookie has to be walked on a leash when he comes home from work. I had the cat since he was a kitten and walking outside on a leash was a treat he loved. My fiancee (no ex) forgot the leash and let hm out and he was gone for 8 weeks. I had flyers all over the place looking for him and we were in a huge apartment complex. I was sure he was gone forever. One day I received a call from the apartment manager asking if I found my cat. I told them no, and they advised me that there was a huge black/white cat locked up in their catering kitchen that they had been feeding for a long time and couldn't catch him becuase he could fly through the air when jumping and jump from wall to wall. I advised them they had my cat. I went over to the office, they unlocked the door, I called my cat, and he came out from under a huge cook stove and flew through the air into my arms. We went walking the next day on a leash ad he visited the office. never give up, I am sure you cat will return.
Baaaad Fiancee!