Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm in trouble now . . . >

I'm in trouble now . . .

I'm in trouble now . . .

Old 07-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

I have just got to stay OFF CL... I have GOT to stay OFF CL... I SSSSOOOOOOOO have GOT to stay OFF CL... I am weak, I have no resolve... I found a Singer 503 I just had to buy... and told my enabler sister about it. She talked me into seeing if they would take less money. She even called the people and got a good price. Then conned me into calling them and "picking it up for her..." but really, it will be mine on Monday she lives in Arizona... DH just shrugs, rolls his eyes and says it's a good investment. What ever.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:32 PM

I love your friend! And don't you dare get rid of your machine. I could have one in my sewing room and hubby would never know I had it. Just pile some fabric on it! Sounds like you had a good day.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:57 AM

What and where is Sal's ??? Sounds like I need to make a trip there..............calla
Old 07-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by calla
What and where is Sal's ??? Sounds like I need to make a trip there..............calla
try Salvation Army?
Old 07-17-2011, 06:08 PM

Could you try to use the same story for a dress he hasn't seen? "What this old thing, I've had it for years." I't been in the back of my closet. hehe
Old 07-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Google Goddess

you need to keep all of them, that is an early Birthday or Christmas gift to yourself

they are hard to find and you found some great ones
Old 07-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Google Goddess

We are bad, just hide things from our hubby's

Originally Posted by miriam
I have just got to stay OFF CL... I have GOT to stay OFF CL... I SSSSOOOOOOOO have GOT to stay OFF CL... I am weak, I have no resolve... I found a Singer 503 I just had to buy... and told my enabler sister about it. She talked me into seeing if they would take less money. She even called the people and got a good price. Then conned me into calling them and "picking it up for her..." but really, it will be mine on Monday she lives in Arizona... DH just shrugs, rolls his eyes and says it's a good investment. What ever.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM

OMG! What a decision. I am trying to come clean in my room and if it were me I would have to sell one. Just think, you could buy more fabric.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
I can and do stay off CL.
What I can't do is say no, when it's starin me in the face, beggin me to take her home. I swear I heard her say "Save me!"
Old 07-17-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by calla
Some call it "Sally Ann's" but I first heard it called "Sal's" and yes, it's the Salvation Army Thrift Store.