Spelling

Old 12-16-2011, 04:23 PM

I do not think the original poster was being critical. I think an opinion was being expressed. As someone said, you cannot see the smile that goes with a post and, to me, an emoticon just doesn't do it.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:54 PM

I don't think I've ever not been able to understand the meaning and that's all that's important to me.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marilynsue View Post
OR, maybe your computer is like mine and just doesn't spell right!
Our computers must be sisters. My computer and I have had many talks concerning spelling, commas, colons, question marks, the whole bit. I love words. Sometimes my brain goes faster that my fat fingers can type. Sorry if I have ever upset anyone on this board. I admire those who speak another language and post on this or any board. I can usually figure out what someone wants to say. I would hate to have someone not post on this board because they were afraid of doing something wrong. Just keep on posting everyone. I have learned so much from all of you. Hope all have a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year. BrendaK
Old 12-16-2011, 07:35 PM

This is why I don't say much , but I lurk often. I could potentially be one of the posts that you are talking about.
Very often my thoughts are waaaaaaay ahead of my fingers. I don't feel like I'm someone that does not make sense. And I really don't want to be the person that is not responded to because people are not understanding me.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:48 PM

Most people on this board spell, type and grammer very well. I have read thousands of post and posted several hundred and have seen some missspellings/typos but none that I could not understand. Sometimes people have a hard time explaining what they want. Have some patience please.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
I LOVE it "I speak hillbilly!" I do too and it makes some nuts, I have even had patients not want me as their nurse because I "sound dumb" Little do they know I run the code blues at night till a doc arrives which sometimes can be quite some time cause they don't stay at the hospital at night. LOL. I used to try hard to whacth how I spoke when a boss told me my poor grammer would never let me advance at work, well it was nearly impossible to correct my speech nor do I have the desire to any longer. I would like to see that boss now and let her know just how far I have indeed advanced in my career lol! Hillbilly to the bone and all!

PS; I went to your website I absolutly love the tree quilt, is that your design? I love trees.
Well I've been told the same things but it has never stopped me from moving forward. When I met my husband he is college educated, Me 8th grade, Hummm, he was always correcting my speech and such. I finally told him I am who I am, this has never hindered me in the least if I wanted a certain job or whatever, so leave me alone or move on. After all these years he tells me I'm one of the smartest people he knows, and that I should have gone to college. LOL But unlike him I was poor and a single moma who said learn everything you can about alot of different things, you never know what you'll need to fall back on. Smart woman my Moma. Also 8th grade, LOL
Anyway, not sure if your talking about the quilt for Diana or the one I used for my avatar, either way my designs.
The avatar one is thread painting on my long arm.
To us HillBillys.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:39 PM

I did not read all the 9 pages here.... so someone may have already said this. I use Firefox as my browser rather than Internet Explorer... It has automatic spell check. It's great! It helps a great deal if your fingers get behind your brain. LOL
Old 12-16-2011, 10:54 PM

My feelings are am glad they can still post, even if their spelling is off. God Bless them anyway. At least they are trying.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:18 AM

Many reasons given to incorrect spelling, etc, and all are valid. I can usually figure them out, enough to grasp the meaning anyway. And I learn so much from this board. Please don't stop communicating your thoughts, any of you. Thanks,
Old 12-17-2011, 07:43 AM

I am getting older. At one time I had terrific spelling and beautiful penmanship. I got all A's in school. I had even been complimented when people saw my penmanship. Now that I am a bit older, my brain tells me what it wants to say, but, sometimes my spelling is off. I ask my husband at times, am I correct at this spelling.
By the way, my penmanship looks like chicken scratch. I prefer to print more