Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need your opinion.  Will this work? >
  • Need your opinion. Will this work?

• Need your opinion. Will this work?

Old 09-03-2013, 06:59 PM

Kids love color and I think it is perfect for Michael! And if you want to make more go ahead but my vote is to give this one to him first!
    Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 PM

What a precious little boy! I pray that he and his mom will both be okay! I think you should rethink the purple quilt for him. It does have a feminine feel to it and this little fellow has got the makings of a manly man! Just look at those legs! I bet in a couple of years, he is going to be running you ragged!
    Old 09-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Prayers for your daughter and precious grandson. May God hold them both in his hand.
    Old 09-04-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie
    Little Michael is doing well also considering his size. My hubby and I have 6 children, 18 grandchildren and are expecting #11, #12 and #13 great grandchildren by March of 2014. Sometimes I feel we took the Bible verse, Genesis 9:7 too seriously, "As for you, be fruitful and multiply; Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it." Thanks for the wonderful comments and prayers.
    I love your sense of humor. My prayers are submitted to our Heavenly Father for your Great grandson, Michael and for Katie. I'd love to see updates on them. The quilt is adorable and whether you make another quilt or consider this one to be his special quilt, the decision will be the right one. God bless you Great Grandma!!!
    Old 09-05-2013, 06:18 AM
    Power Poster

A quick update. They are changing the color of Michael's room to be two colors of blue so I will ask them to send the quilt (purple and mint green) and the crocheted blanket (mint green) back and I am going to make him another one to match the room. It seems as though I will have several weeks to make him the new ones. Also, thanks for the prayers. They did tests on Michael's heart with the thoughts to sending him to All Childrens if there was any abnormality. They came back perfect, so he will stay in the NICU where he is now. He is doing well and Mom, Katie, has gone home from the hospital with the pneumonia taken care of. GOD is sooooo good.
    Old 09-05-2013, 07:40 AM

Seems as if you have a resolution - but my comment nonetheless, is that I doubt this baby has any specific gender issues yet - but I do know they love looking at bright colors and patterns. Not everything in this life has to match!
    Old 09-05-2013, 10:38 AM

If the room is already green and purple, the quilt will go perfectly, right? And what is purple anyway...a combination of blue and red!! 'Manly' colors, both! I don't see any problem, it's a really adorable quilt! If you are still in doubt, ask the parents what they think?
    Old 09-05-2013, 11:16 AM

CONGRATS!! Our grandson Hunter Michael was born @ 30 weeks - weighed in @ 2 lb. and 5 oz - and 15 " tall........Took a birt in the NICU @ Kansas City, but he grew and prospered. Today he is a strapping 5 yr old........in Kindergarten........and other than a propensity for asthma, he is fine..........prayers are offered for your grandson.

Your quilt was made with Love - Do what your heart tells you............(PS - REAL MEN DO WEAR BOTH PINK AND PURPLE!!)
    Old 09-06-2013, 05:56 PM

My DH says he likes the colors and sees nothing wrong with the colors; He likes them. ( I was 2lbs 9oz and born crippled in a snow storm in January) I believe baby will be fine. Will keep in prayers.
    Old 09-06-2013, 06:08 PM

I think the colors are neutral. I see lots of blue in there too.