Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-02-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by cntrygal51
Is it possible for me to still sign up for this group for July ? If not I will wait til Aug. Great to see so many supportive of each other's efforts. Let me know if I can still join this month. Thanks.
You can sign up for July. It has only been one day. Get on board! We are having a wonderful time.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:31 PM

I just want to say that this is the greatest group of people. We are all so very diverse but have come together to support each other while we try to lose weight. I am so very thankful for every one of you.

I have been dealing with weight issues my whole life and I have finally come to a place where I can deal with those issues and lose the weight.

I know because I won in June that I could not win in July. I do not want to join this challenge to win. I am participating because I need you guys and your support.

I am a little worried because on Monday I weigh in at the hospital again and because it is a holiday I will have to weigh in using the nutritionist's scale and it is not a big one so I always weigh heavy. UGH. I will just deal with it I guess.

After I weigh in I have my fourth nutrition class. After this class I only have two more to go to before I am ready to prepare for the gastric bypass. The classes are once a month. Hopefully I will be having the surgery by the end of October/beginning of November.

Once again, thank you so much for being here and for all the support that we give to each other on this journey.

You guys rock!

Missy
Old 07-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Missy: I want you to succeed more than anything. Since you have a couple months, I suggest you start talking to someone who can help you adjust mentally to being smaller. It is so exciting to get healthy, but at some time you will need some smaller clothes. It is scary for me...what do I do with my fat clothes? I have part of my identity wrapped in being fat. If I am not fat, I lose part of me - literally and figuratively. Who am I without the bulky, husky body. This is when people start going back to the old ways. They love that soft, jiggly sort of person and miss them. I'm going to go to someone who deals with eating disorders after I get under 200. I never want to have to do this again.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:42 PM

Did you know that depression, anti-depression medications, and other medicines can be contributing to your runaway eating? I was amazed. This is true. Then I went back to my journals...my weight increases during severe depression, and it has steadly increased since my new anti-depression meds. I also have a few other meds that can cause weight gain.

I put a call into my psychiatrist and she is looking at some alternatives. It won't solve the problem, but it is surely worth a doctor's visit to explore making changes so one problem isn't making the other worse.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gal
What is cucumber water, and yes I have started walking too! I am going to try for 6klm at least two or three times a week! The first time was tough I had not walked that far in over a year! Ever since i had a an injury to my foot. It felt wonderful afterwards even though my stiff old body took time to recover, it was well worth it!
I am going to check in here regularly for encouragement and also to report my progress!
Keep up the good work everybody!

Gal

Cucumber water is soooooooooooo easy and so cooling and refreshing. thinnly slice about a 2-3 inch piece of cucumber and add it to a 2 qt pitcher of water. easy peasy!!!!!!!!!! cucumbers are a natural diuretia so you will also flush out any toxins you have in your body. It is good for your kidneys and diabetics. cucumbers have many health benefits.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cntrygal51
Is it possible for me to still sign up for this group for July ? If not I will wait til Aug. Great to see so many supportive of each other's efforts. Let me know if I can still join this month. Thanks.
You're a day late but I am easy I can't say no to someone who is trying to get healthy so the answer is yes :D :D PLEASE weigh yourself today and write it down. You are a day behind but what could that be maybe an few onces different.

Welcome aboard.......
Old 07-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grammyj
Please sign me up for July, Thanks, Janice (grammyj)
YIPPPPPEEEEEEE you found it :lol: :lol: did you get lost along the way and stop someplace for an ice cream cone?????????? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I just want to say that this is the greatest group of people. We are all so very diverse but have come together to support each other while we try to lose weight. I am so very thankful for every one of you.

I have been dealing with weight issues my whole life and I have finally come to a place where I can deal with those issues and lose the weight.

I know because I won in June that I could not win in July. I do not want to join this challenge to win. I am participating because I need you guys and your support.

I am a little worried because on Monday I weigh in at the hospital again and because it is a holiday I will have to weigh in using the nutritionist's scale and it is not a big one so I always weigh heavy. UGH. I will just deal with it I guess.

After I weigh in I have my fourth nutrition class. After this class I only have two more to go to before I am ready to prepare for the gastric bypass. The classes are once a month. Hopefully I will be having the surgery by the end of October/beginning of November.

Once again, thank you so much for being here and for all the support that we give to each other on this journey.

You guys rock!

Missy

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}
could you feel it??????????????
Old 07-02-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Missy: I want you to succeed more than anything. Since you have a couple months, I suggest you start talking to someone who can help you adjust mentally to being smaller. It is so exciting to get healthy, but at some time you will need some smaller clothes. It is scary for me...what do I do with my fat clothes? I have part of my identity wrapped in being fat. If I am not fat, I lose part of me - literally and figuratively. Who am I without the bulky, husky body. This is when people start going back to the old ways. They love that soft, jiggly sort of person and miss them. I'm going to go to someone who deals with eating disorders after I get under 200. I never want to have to do this again.
I see my therapist every Monday morning here at my house. She comes for an hour each week. She is really working with me on the mental part of this journey. Plus I get the encouragement of the IMPACT team that comes here the rest of the week. It is such a good thing that I have someone that comes here every day. Yeah, the bring me my meds each day but they also keep me focused. That is invaluable. I just cannot say enough about the mental healthcare available here. It is wonderful.

The surgeon and the internist both told me last month that I should buy at least one outfit a month so I do not feel like I have to be in the huge baggie clothes. They said doing that really helps the mental outlook and makes us feel better about ourselves.

I am on a freecycle group where I am giving my bigger clothes to others for free. They come and get them and it makes me happy knowing they are going to someone who needs them. I am keeping my biggest outfit though. I want that for the before/after pics.

I totally understand never wanting to go through this again! I do not want to ever see the numbers 400 on a scale again! EVER! I am going to celebrate when I see 399 on that scale. You can count on that. :D

Thank you Gwyn. You are such an encouragement and support for me!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83376.jpe  
Old 07-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Did you know that depression, anti-depression medications, and other medicines can be contributing to your runaway eating? I was amazed. This is true. Then I went back to my journals...my weight increases during severe depression, and it has steadly increased since my new anti-depression meds. I also have a few other meds that can cause weight gain.

I put a call into my psychiatrist and she is looking at some alternatives. It won't solve the problem, but it is surely worth a doctor's visit to explore making changes so one problem isn't making the other worse.
Oh my goodness do I know about psychotropic meds causing weight gain! The meds that control my schizophrenia are notorious for weight gain. I have to just keep on this trek even with the meds cause they have done wonders for my mental health. They have given me back my life honestly. My psychiatrist is one of my biggest supporters besides my therapist and the IMPACT team.

I am so glad you have a psychiatrist that is working with you. That is so important.

Missy