Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy) >

Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy)

Housework Tips & Tricks (Post yours for us to enjoy)

Old 09-18-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by craftybear
You know we all have housework to do. It is hard trying to keep up with the housework and find time for quilting, sewing and our other crafts.

I thought we should start a thread to post our tips and tricks for housework.
Tie rags to the dog's feet and tail. Voila dusting done.
That's great if you have a St. Bernard or Mastiff. I have 2 shi-tzus. It would take them forever.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:37 PM

Housework? I'm allergic to it.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I have another comment about cleaning. I hate it when other people in the household don't clean up after themselves. Like when someone microwaves something without covering it and it splatters all over the place, and then they just leave it. Ugh!!! Oh, I think I forgot to mention that I live alone. :roll: :lol: :cry:
HAHAHA!!! Love it!!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by quilter41
Woops gotta let the cleaning lady in
HAHAHA!! Love this one, too!!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by everbtrue
A friend of mine gave me the best time saver yet. She read it in a woman's magazine 30 years ago or longer. The suggestion? Don't wash your ceiling every time you wash your walls. Once a month is enough.
HAHAHA!!! You guys crack me up!!
I love this board!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:33 PM

I vaccuum my house once per week, and use my little dirt devil mini vaccuum during the week as needed. I make sure my bed is made every day before I leave for work, and try to pick up as a I go. I work part time, volunteer part time a few days a week, shop, laundry, iron. I only deep clean, really deep clean, every 3 months, and I no longer worry about that deep cleaning. My niece always needs a little extra cash, so I pay her to come over for one day and she does everything, waashes and waxes all my floors, cleans the refrigerator, dusts the walls and shelves down completely. She does all the odd jobs I neglect and she enjoys doing. I can keep up during the week, but i have someone else do the really deep heavy cleaning.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:39 PM

I cannot survive without Krud Kutter, only place I've ever found is at Home Depot. Other than that, I don't worry about it a lot
Keep it clean enough to be healthy and messy enough to be happy
Old 09-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Banned

I can't help in the house any more, my poor hubby has to do it all, I will try to push the vacume from time to time to help out, but that will put me down for a few days. God bless.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:23 AM

I have really been working on my house and I had to go back to work after vacation but I am doing stations. Over my washer I had decorating things on a shelf but I really needed it for storage so I put all my clothes washing supplies there and its great. I made a basket for the dog and cat supplies so if I run into anything like that while I'm cleaning it goes in the basket. I tried to do seperate drawers like for socks, underwear etc. and that is all that's in the drawer. I love the pinesol in a spray bottle answer. Hope this helps and the 15 min. really works especially if you are in a hurry.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by fratcat
I vaccuum my house once per week, and use my little dirt devil mini vaccuum during the week as needed. I make sure my bed is made every day before I leave for work, and try to pick up as a I go. I work part time, volunteer part time a few days a week, shop, laundry, iron. I only deep clean, really deep clean, every 3 months, and I no longer worry about that deep cleaning. My niece always needs a little extra cash, so I pay her to come over for one day and she does everything, waashes and waxes all my floors, cleans the refrigerator, dusts the walls and shelves down completely. She does all the odd jobs I neglect and she enjoys doing. I can keep up during the week, but i have someone else do the really deep heavy cleaning.
You have the best idea yet.